Thread: Who to add?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to add?

12 team mixed auction keeper league 6x5 (add slg)
    start 2x all IF, 5OF, 1UT, 9P

My roster:
    C - Napoli, Pierzynski
    1B - G.Jones, Trumbo, Cuddyer
    2B - Uggla, Weeks
    3B - Wright, Panda, J.Lopez
    SS - A.Ramirez, Theriot, Pennington
    OF - Cruz, Choo, CbYoung, Coughlin, Beltran, Francisco, Venable, R.Davis
    P - Lester, Jimenez, Hamels, Danks, Webb, Norris, Masterson, R.Wells, Pavano, C.Perez, Putz, Hanrahan, Rodney

I am already at the salary cap and each waiver add costs me $1. Sitting on the wire is J. Herrera who is off to a blistering start. Is he worth an add? Herrera's BABIP is an off-the-charts .500, but he seems to have a good eye at the plate 8:1 BB:K so far with .10 and .11 BB% the last 2 yrs and his contact rates have also been excellent - .87 and .84 the last 2 yrs. O.Hudson is also available but either add would likely mean sitting Uggla???

My other option would be to add a SP since I'm a little thin there at the moment - Harang and Carmona are available.

So I'm looking at Herrera, Hudson, Haranag or Carmona and drop Rodney. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Recruit

I wouldn't sit Uggla for those guys.

The SP you mentioned - is that Daniel or Tim Hudson?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'd wait. Everyone that was listed on the wire have their own faults and if you're eating away at the salary cap already, you don't want to make a move this early in the season.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I wouldn't sit Uggla for those guys.

The SP you mentioned - is that Daniel or Tim Hudson?
    It's actually 2B - Orlando Hudson.

And since I'm at the salary cap, any waiver wire transactions will result in a $1 charge against next year's salary cap.