Thread: Scott Gomez..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Scott Gomez..

Do you see anybody offering NJ something for his negotiation rights?? I think if somebody wants him they should offer Lou something because he knows more then anybody else Gomez has played his last game in the swamp. Ieeeeeeeee...

I have heard that Philly and Washington are the front runners. Washington is supposed to be a big player come July 1st. Watch Gomez and Rafalski take their gear to DC..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

blindedbyfear

Default Re:Scott Gomez..

I would consider that if I was Washington. Give up a depth prospect to NJ for the rights to talk to him this week. I would love to see Gomez in Washington. I think Gomez may very well end up in a kind of \"off-the-radar\" type of place like Washington, or even St Louis, for a depth prospect prior to the trade deadline. I don\'t understand the Oiler rumors with Gomez. I mean, I understand where they come from (he\'s from Alaska, etc, etc) but when you start talking about a team having to make multiple trades (deal Horcoff, do something else, sign Gomez) it just becomes too complicated. If Gomez signs with the Caps, I\'ll wish I had him, because his fantasy trade value will skyrocket.

Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/06/27 10:07

Dobber Sports Stud

You can be sure that there is a ton of \'posturing\' going on with all of the teams, owners, general managers, agents, players. There are going to be some deals that just come out of nowhere.

McPhee has certainly been \'off the radar\'. Very low profile. I do think that they have to do some big things now. Kolzig can\'t be playing all of the games for them. They need a centre for Ovechkin, assuming that Backstrom plays on the second line with Semin. If Fehr\'s injury is as significant as suspected then they could use another right winger. Of course they still want the pp quarterback. McPhee is going to be busy.

Please trade for Zherdev.

Gomez would be a great fit. He had a good career in New Jersey with Elias. Unfortunately Elias had significant injury/illness issues. That impacted on Gomez. He played well but would have been even better if Elias had been able to stay healthy.

Edmonton is still going to be a player. They can\'t go into their next season \'status quo\'. Their fans would be furious. Right now there is not much to get excited about in Edmonton. They need to make an impact.
    If Calgary gets Smyth then Lowe better get something done. The Oiler fans will be in an ugly mood.

I think that San Jose is going to do something. They have to be disappointed in what they showed in the playoffs.

Post edited by: hockeylifer, at: 2007/06/27 10:23

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gomez to the Caps...IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...that would work great for me, I have Gomez in my keeper......

Striker

Any GM that knows there going to lose a player should trade the rights in my book. I pull my hair out most nights thinking of Darcy Regier letting both Drury and Briere walk without trading at least Drury\'s rights. If you get anything for someone you know you\'re going to lose you should jump all over it.

As for Gomez, I think with one or two moves the Capitals are in the playoffs next year. Gomez playing with Alex O. would be a match made in heaven for those 2. I could see Gomez putting up 20 goals 70 assists playing with him.

2 cents

Post edited by: SabresEdge, at: 2007/06/27 14:03

Dobber Sports Prodigy

blindedbyfear wrote:
    I don\'t understand the Oiler rumors with Gomez. I mean, I understand where they come from (he\'s from Alaska, etc, etc) but when you start talking about a team having to make multiple trades (deal Horcoff, do something else, sign Gomez) it just becomes too complicated. <br><br>Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/06/27 10:07
    Oilers have plenty of cap room and gomer would fill a hole(No need to deal Horcoff). Not too complicated. What\'s complicated is convincing him to play in the western time zone on a team that struggled over a major US market with Ovechkin.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07