Thread: How about those Jays!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default How about those Jays!

My sleeper team this year.
    8 zip against Minnesota.
    This team is filled with players that can help your fantasy team, get on the train now before it leaves the station!

Dobber Sports Recruit

see their record in home openers? That's pretty sick.

Dobber Sports Recruit

MLB was saying they'll finish last in the AL East and I can't tell you how wrong they are. The Jays are going to be above 500 for sure this year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

They always get the big crowd on home openers, but the real fans go the next day or the day after. Have my ticks for tomorrow's game. Honestly, never felt the buzz of opening day as much as I have this year however. Not sure if it's because I live in the city now and starting to commute by public transit or what, but hopefully attendance increases overall this year.

Last night's game was fun to watch from the get go. Rajai Davis beats out a single, gets picked off but able to avoid the tag and run down back to first. Then with him bases loaded and a sac fly to centerfield, Adam Lind tags up from first to second. Same old homerun bashing, with Arencibia leading the way.

Hilight of the night though has to goto Casey Janssen with the diving stop and able to get the throw off while flat on the ground to beat out a speedy Nishioka.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Great game last night.

I couldn't get tickets online in time (sold out like a month and a half early?!) so me and my old man headed down to try out the scalpers. Well they wanted $80 for 500 level, $100 for 2nd level and $125 for anything near the plate.

We even waited until the start of the 3rd inning rolled around and there were still loads of people doing the same thing and then buying what was left or leaving.

So we left. Went to a bar and watched it there. Had a great time.

I'm not paying $100 to those degenerates!

Dobber Sports Recruit

The hardcores go after opening day but you can't beat the buzz of opening day. Was my 6th opener at the dome last night and the excitement & freshness of a new season is intoxicating. These Jays are gonna prove ALOT of experts wrong.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hyde - which watering hole did you end up? I heard hoops had a lineup at 5 yesterday - crazy but to be expected when 50000 people show up. The UFC crowd is gonna be insane at the end of the month.

Dobber Sports Recruit

We went to that Texas Lonsetar Grill place on the corner of something and something lol I always see it when I go to games but I've never been in it before.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Lone star - I know the place. The daisy dukes get 2 thumbs up. Lol Next time I'd recommend hoops. Awesome place cheap beers (so to speak) and wall to wall tvs. Even in the floors when it's a standing crowd when the place is packed.