Thread: Clayton Kershaw?!?!

Default Clayton Kershaw?!?!

I was checking out the Yahoo Friends and Family draft results, and was kind of shocked to see that Clayton Kershaw was the FOURTH pitcher off the board (12th in Round 2). Is there something I am missing here or is that pretty high for him?

Lester, Johnson, Hamels, Sabathia and Verlander were the ones taken after him.

Dobber Sports Recruit

In my opinion that's a little high. Kershaw should not go in the second round....unless all the other better pitchers ahead of him went in order or something

But sometimes you go on a hunch I guess. I'd almost definitely take Verlander, Lester, Johnson ahead of him. You can make an arguement for Price. Jiminez is close.

I'm assuming the first three were Halladay, Linecum and Lee (hopefully)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Have to remember the friends and family draft is for friends and family. More than likely a Dodgers fan drafted him. That being said, he has shown growth three straight years, so he can easily be in Lester/Johnson territory next year.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec