Thread: Draft Finished - Need Advice

Default Draft Finished - Need Advice

OK so just finished my first money draft in 3 years. 8 teams points only.

Look at my team and let me know if I should improve on anything.

I noticed my pitching isn't too strong but with my stat categories pitchers arnt worth as much.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Even for an 8-team league, your team is stacked. The only two players I'm not a big fan of are James Shields and A.J. Burnett. However, both are capable of bouncing back in 2011. I've got no complaints. However, make sure to watch the waiver wire in the early weeks of the season. There are always a number of breakout players to be had (especially pitchers). Best of luck to you this year!

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer

Dobber Sports Rookie

Like your team, and don't think the pitching is bad at all. I would consider leaving AJ Burnett off your team however just so don't have to deal with the potential headaches that come with him and pick up another reliever if possible.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by sakic19 View Post
    OK so just finished my first money draft in 3 years. 8 teams points only.

Look at my team and let me know if I should improve on anything.

I noticed my pitching isn't too strong but with my stat categories pitchers arnt worth as much.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Other than Lackey, Burnett, Shields, Tejada and Lee you've got nothing to worry about. Who is available? Its an 8 team league so I assume there are some pretty solid players available. I can recommend some based on who is out there.

I based my list off of Dobber's Guide and ESPN's projections and columns.

Since ERA and WHIP dont count, I figured Shields and Burnett couldnt hurt.

Pitching although everyone says is deep I was basically stuck with this.

Top ranked batters available: Ben Zobrist, JUan Pierre,Colby Rasmus,Alex Gonzalez.

Pichers: Brett Anderson, Chad Billingsley, and from last years top ranks there's Rafael Soriano,Bobby Jenks,Brett Myers, CJ WIlson,Edwin Jackson, and Wandy Rodriguez.

Were allowed two changes per week so if you have suggestions please help me. Thanks

Dobber Sports Recruit

I like Billingsley, Zobrist and possibly CJ Wilson instead of Lackey, Tejada and Burnett/Shields. Maybe that's just me

Why no love for Tejada i'm curious?

For my setting he was ranked quite high last year and with this years projections still is a top 75 pick.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by sakic19 View Post
    Why no love for Tejada i'm curious?

For my setting he was ranked quite high last year and with this years projections still is a top 75 pick.
    Simply because he's past his prime and there are many other SS's that can produce just like him. Players like Peralta, Gonzalez and Desmond are a few examples.

Just noticed Ian Desmond is available.

So if you had to make two pick-ups this week who would they be?

Desmond for Tejada.

and wilson for burnett??

I would feel confident making both of those moves. Tejada and Burnett are both players who will probably sit on the wire for a while even if they have a hot start.