Thread: First league-good settings?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default First league-good settings?

First time commish. Set the pool up as H2H with the following categories
    Hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, Runs
    Wins, Saves, ERA, K, WHIP
    12 team league
    1 at each position, 1 utility, 2 SP, 2 RP, 2P, 5 Bench.

Are these standard enough? Does this make pitchers too valuable or is that always the case in Baseball fantasy? I noticed some leagues have 3 SP, 3 RP and 3P. Seems like too much to me. Anyways, just wanna make sure to get any fine tuning out of the way before its too late. Any tips are appreciated.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Welcome to the board SlipperyP. This would be considered a shallow league, so if you're group are relatively new at baseball, settings are ok, although I'd be tempted to use 3 SP, 2 RP, 2 P. I believe Yahoo sets defaults so you could stick to that (although I think what you have are the defaults)
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That looks pretty good. Along the same lines as what is said in the above post, I'm a fan of starting seven pitchers. In most of my leagues, pitching is set up in the following way: 2 SP, 2 RP 3P. But it's your league, so it's up to you. Best of luck this season!

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer