Thread: Who would you want on your bench?

rwthompson

Question Who would you want on your bench?

Standard 5x5 head 2 head 1yr. league.

Logan Morrison
    Michael Morse
    Jake Fox

I'm leaning towards Morse,but Jake Fox's ability to fill in at Catcher is attractive.Just not sure Fox continues his smokin spring into the regular season.I guess that can be said for Morse also,although he did show some pop end of 2010 in the majors.Morrison is who I drafted and is on my bench,What would you do & why?Sorry I don't have my team listed for you to see.My teams solid this is a bench spot.And Posada is my C.

Thanks for any advice!
    Cheers

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    Standard 5x5 head 2 head 1yr. league.

Logan Morrison
    Michael Morse
    Jake Fox

I'm leaning towards Morse,but Jake Fox's ability to fill in at Catcher is attractive.Just not sure Fox continues his smokin spring into the regular season.I guess that can be said for Morse also,although he did show some pop end of 2010 in the majors.Morrison is who I drafted and is on my bench,What would you do & why?Sorry I don't have my team listed for you to see.My teams solid this is a bench spot.And Posada is my C.

Thanks for any advice!
    Cheers
    Morse for sure, good call.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I second that motion. With a vengeance.

Morse could be huge this year. Great player to have stashed on the bench.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Recruit

agree with Morse, but I really like Morrison as well. I like him near the bottom of the lineup in Florida, less pressure, but should get alot of RBI opportunities and he's solid with the bat, just lacks that big time power.

1 Morse
    2 Morrison

Dont sweat Fox..

Dobber Sports Rookie

If it's a one year league than Morse. Although Fox has some playing time for now, is he really going to takeover reigns from Derrek Lee, Matt Wieters or Mark Reynolds? Ok, maybe Mark Reynolds...haha
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Really? Morse? What has he done?

At least Morrison has an MLB portfolio to look off of.

I take the sure thing all the way, unless you enjoy rebuilding forever.

GBThrasher

I'd go with Mike Morse because of his huge power upside. Morrison has no speed and no power. Stir away from Fox!

rwthompson

Wink Hey Thanks for your feedback!

I made the move,dropped Morrison and picked up Morse!

Somethings look obvious to you,but it sure helps to hear from others!

"only time will tell 4 sure" "gotta love these fantasy games"!

Cheers
    Mr.Coffee

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Good call on Michael Morse. If a waiver wire pickup like him doesn't work out, there are always players on the wire when the season starts that distinguish themselves in the first few weeks in April. So if Morse falters, he's easily expendable because you plucked him off the wire in the first place. In my opinion, being active on the wire during the opening weeks of the season is one of most cost-effective and efficient ways to find value and build depth on your roster. Well done

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer