Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

totals best upside:
    15HR
    60RBI
    10SB
    90 RUNS

He's ready this year.
    SS longterm position...batting 8th or 9th.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's it? Seems like Marcum was an awfully steep price.

Excelsior88

I think the Canadian tag might have had a bit to do with it.

Dobber Sports Rookie

He has a lot of upside. Right now I'd peg it at 20 HR, 30 SB, .280 and that's on the safe side. Scouts feel he can be a 30/30 guy. The thing that I love about him is his Dustin Pedroia chip on his shoulder. More than likely he'll exceed my projections.

Think he'll end up eventually end up in the outfield

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hes gonna be playing 3B this year and will only be moved to the outfield if he cannot adapt. Most likely going to spend a year at AAA but if he has a great ST there is probably a slight chance and breaking camp with the big club but since ST will be the first time the whole orginization will have a chance at seeing him I think maybe a mid summer or sept call up might be more likely.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    totals best upside:
    15HR
    60RBI
    10SB
    90 RUNS

He's ready this year.
    SS longterm position...batting 8th or 9th.
    I have to say that "expert" may be over stating it for you.

Lawrie put up a very impressive line at AA last year in a pitcher's league and as one of the younger players at that level. He ended up with a slash line of .285/.346/.449 to go with 8 HR, 63 RBIs 30 steals and 90 Runs in 135 games. Most scouts love his bat and his hustle, the only downside is that he doesn't have a position. Luckily his bat will play anywhere.

I don't see him in Blue Jay blue this year but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a late season cup of coffee (though I'm not sure they will want to start his arbitration clock).
    They will try him at 3rd this year as per Farrell and let him try to prove himself there. Longterm he may end up as a corner OF but given what I've read about him I think some time with Butter will turn him into an adequate defender.

Longterm upside is always very difficult to predict but I would say that he compares favourably to a Pedroia with a little more power and bit fewer walks if the dominoes all fall just right. I would say ultimately he looks like a .280/.350/.500 type with the upside at 25-30HR and 20-25 steals.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't see him making the club this year if was only in AA last year. You could be a hitting phenom in one league only to start from square 1 when moving to another. Hitters take a long time to reach their potential. Sure there are some exceptions, but usually people use the "27" rule. That is a player usually finds his bat at age 27. Much like in football, the "3rd Year" rule for Wide Recievers. WR's usually figure out the offense in their 3rd year, and if they don't, cut bait. Perfect example staying with the Jays...Travis Snider. Hitting phenom in the minors, but yet to find a consistent bat in the bigs (although he did show promise last year before he got hurt).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tabarnac, I was thinking Jed Lowrie of the Red sox. Sorry Angus.
    Should have known you were discussing bluejays.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports All-Star

Alot of what I have read on here is true. It was a very fair trade and should work out well for both teams. The Jays are just loaded with pitching talent in the system, yet lack good infield prospects.
    I havn't read much about him being an outfielder. He is going to be an average defensive player at best. Their are rumours of him moving to 3rd base, which would allow Bautisa to move to RF where he would prefer to play. But I have also read the Hill is willing to move to 3B which came up during the talks of Uggla possibly coming to the Jays. So where he ends up is still up in the air, but I highly doubt he will play OF. I think the Jays are looking long term to have Lawrie, the cuban SS, Hill, Lind as a long term infield together.
    As for his upside, well everything I have read about him compares him to Jeff Kent, average defensive but a great bat. He does play hard which reminds me of how Eric Byrnes played. So his upside is to put up 30+ homers, 100+ RBI's middle of the lineup type of player who can steal bases too.
    I don't expect him to make the team out of spring, but an injury to Hill or an OF, he could get the call up. It is worth noting that Lawrie thinks he can make the team out of spring and plans to do so. So wait and see, but this kid should be great.

PS The Canadian tag had nothing to do with the trade. If you look at MLB's top prospects, he is number 28 and nuber 2 for 2B's. He's the real deal. The Jays actually wanted to draft him, but the Brewers got him the pick before the Jays drafted.