46. Brett Jackson, Cubs |
    47. Chris Archer, Rays |
    48. J.P. Arencibia, Blue Jays |
    49. Yonder Alonso, Reds |
    50. Christian Friedrich, Rockies |

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the list dj.

I was just wondering, who do you think will have the greatest fantasy impact THIS YEAR ONLY?

I should compete for the top spot again this year, but I love getting rookies b/c they are highly valued in our league (wont get into why, but they are). But I need one who will contribute this year b/c, as I stated, I plan on winning this year

Thanks for any advice dj!
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Rookie

Assuming you won't get Bryce if you competed for top spot this year, but Hellickson is my preseason favourite to be an impact player. He has the most seasoning with a full year in AAA under his belt which should make for a smooth transition.

Otherwise Chapman will have limited value, but is only one of the few relievers who should hit 100 K's.

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Assuming you won't get Bryce if you competed for top spot this year, but Hellickson is my preseason favourite to be an impact player. He has the most seasoning with a full year in AAA under his belt which should make for a smooth transition.

Otherwise Chapman will have limited value, but is only one of the few relievers who should hit 100 K's.
    Thanks dj.

The only thing with my pool is that since its a limited keeper, most of the first few rounds are filled with legitimate players. Rookies are seldom taken in the first few rounds. For example I think it was the 4th or 5th round before Hayward and Stralsberg (sp?) were taken last year.

After hearing this, would you take Bryce in the 3rd or 4th round... I dont know much about him (or many baseball prospects for that matter), so was wondering if I should use a 3rd/4th rounder on him when other more vetern players are out there?

Thanks again for any advice!!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

If it's the 3rd or 4th (round) and he's still available, then yeah, I'd probably take a shot at him. If you're a hockey convert, he's the equivalent to Sidney Crosby coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    If it's the 3rd or 4th (round) and he's still available, then yeah, I'd probably take a shot at him. If you're a hockey convert, he's the equivalent to Sidney Crosby coming up.
    Oh... i love to hear that.

Yeah im a straight hockey boy. And so is everyone in my pool which makes me happy that I may be able to get him early.

Thanks again dj. Rep to you.... not even sure if im allowed to give you more rep, since you've been so helpful

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by jumpin_joe View Post
    Thanks for the list dj.

I was just wondering, who do you think will have the greatest fantasy impact THIS YEAR ONLY?

I should compete for the top spot again this year, but I love getting rookies b/c they are highly valued in our league (wont get into why, but they are). But I need one who will contribute this year b/c, as I stated, I plan on winning this year

Thanks for any advice dj!
    For this year i see big things from Of course Hellickson he has good control and good stuff. Should get at least 10 wins and 150k.

As for hitters i like Ackley and Chisenhall both are great hitters and have good patience at the plate which will help them make the club and produce around 10-15 homeruns 70 rbi.

GBThrasher

If you're looking for a pitcher, draft Hellickson, he's major-league ready, and if you're looking for a bat, draft Domonic Brown as he's be playing on a very good offensive team with the change to drive many runs.

Default Rookie Position Player Contributors

If you are looking for a rookie position player to make an impact right away, opt for Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman. He's got a great situation: full-time job at first base, he' part of a really solid Braves lineup and he'll give you decent numbers across the board. He doesn't project to be star, but Freeman will be a significant contributor thus year.

If you want to catch lightning in a bottle, I'd suggest New York Yankees catcher Jesus Montero. He's expected to open the 2011 season at Triple-A, but the Bronx Bombers can't expect to get a whole lot out of Russell Martin, (injured) Francisco Cervelli and Gustavo Molina. The Yankees have never been known for exercising patience, so expect them to give Montero a shot sooner than later. He can't prove much more in the minors (he hit .289 with 21 home runs and 75 RBIs and an OBP of .353 in 123 games and 504 plate appearances in Triple-A in 2010). The problem is not with his bat, it's his underwhelming defensive skills that are keeping Montero from breaking into the majors. But I can't see him staying down in the minors for too long.

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Fantasy Writer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Any chance that Harper makes his MLB debut in 2011 ?? Will Wash wait until June like they did with Strasburg, so they get that extra year or is he too young and needs to play some pro ball before getting to the bigs ???

Dobber Sports Rookie

It's in the best interest for Harper to spend a full year in the minors, so I wouldn't expect a callup.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

thanks kinda what i was thinking too, I just need to stash em for the year and follow his minor league stats.

Dobber Sports Recruit

in the first year of a 10 team keeper league, what round would you expect Harper to go at?

Dobber Sports Recruit

im thinking like 5th round and thats probably early but there's always someone thinking they wont get him any later. I would go with young players that are already playing in the bigs and if you get him late then its a bonus.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think a couple rounds earlier than Bizzy mentioned. 130 players will have been chosen then, and Harper's one guy you'd probably want to keep on your roster. He's a future franchise player.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec