Thread: OF/SP swap

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default OF/SP swap

In a relatively complex 10-team roto league (no waivers), where SBs are just one offensive category along with all the others (Avg, Slg %, Runs, HRs, RBIs, SBs), which SP/OF combination would you rather be on the receiving end of? Pitching cats are Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP, Ks.

Gavin Floyd & Shin Soo Choo
    Edinson Volquez & Dexter Fowler

I just made the offer and I think the guy is gonna take it - wanna make sure I'm not risking my relatively large lead.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Floyd & Choo and don't think it's close.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Floyd & Choo and don't think it's close.
    Yea..as good as Volquez is, you get the better hitter by miles, and a good enough pitcher who is pitching for a team in the playoff race, and has been getting better as the season has progressed

Dobber Sports Recruit

Appreciate the responses guys. Looks like that deal fell through, so now wondering if it would be worth a straight swap of Volquez for Choo. I'm pretty solid at both SP and OF, but I've basically got Kuroda and Wandy (and Leake) as my weakest starters. Getting one more solid hitter allows me to shore up my DH slot (currently Encarnacion). Is Choo good value for Volquez? I'm thinking so.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yes. Choo and not even close.

Dobber Sports Recruit

This thing is constantly evolving - Pedroia is now in the mix. We're trying to figure out a fair way for me to swap Volquez for Pedroia. If I can get both Pedroia and Choo, am I overpaying by throwing Ellsbury in with Volquez?

Dobber Sports Rookie

So you'd have to give up Pedroia and Choo for Ellsbury and Volquez? Without seeing your lineup, couldn't say.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

i think he's saying he can move Volquez and Ellsbury for Pedroia and Choo and if that is correct then i'd be all over this if i were you. i'd much rather have Pedroia/Choo in this trade. MUCH rather.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yes, I agree

I third that. Ellsbury probably won't be stealing as much for a while coming off the DL anyway.