Thread: MLB Draft Mayhem

goldfish47

Default MLB Draft Mayhem

Today's the day of the draft... For those who are interested (and even for those who aren't... LOL) Rabid Jack will be back soon with a breakdown of which draft picks you'll want to grab in your dynasty/keeper leagues. Stay tuned!

who are my jays going to draft?

are there any good mock drafts? send a link

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_Jack View Post
    Today's the day of the draft... For those who are interested (and even for those who aren't... LOL) Rabid Jack will be back soon with a breakdown of which draft picks you'll want to grab in your dynasty/keeper leagues. Stay tuned!
    Nice, lookin' forward to it, Rabid Jack.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Talk about drafting young! The Nats took a 17 YEAR OLD! Are you kidding me?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Jays drafted pitcher Deck McGuire with their first pick. He's projected to be an innings eater that can throw 3 pitches very well - fastball, slider, changeup. He's a big guy - 6'6, and put on 20 lbs (now at 235) and when reading his scouting report and looking at his peripherals, the first projected player type that popped in my head is Chad Billingsley.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After my last post I remembered who this kid was.....either way I still didn't realize that they drafted that young in MLB. The kids still in high school!

he is not a HS, he has a year or two at a JUCO, he dropped out of HS, got a GED adn went to a JUCO since the competition would be better there. In all honesty, in Nevada, most HS kids that care graduated a semester early, some a whole year early. WhenI was at UNLV i saw several kids that had graduated .5 to a year early and got started on college.

Baseball's rule is about to graduate HS. since he did not graduate this would have been the year he graduated had he stayed. they then get 1 year to sign them or they go back into the draft. So a college player may have been drafted this year, but he re enters the draft had he not signed (to go to college). So Stratsburg may have been drafted the previous year and offered money as a late round pick to get him out, but he would have passed to stay in school. There are several players that get drafted twice (once out of HS and then once when they are done with college)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Bryce Harper is going to be a dominant player.
    No question about it.
    He is going to be just as good or better than Jason Heyward.