Thread: Zimmerman or Hill??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zimmerman or Hill??

Can't decide on who I should keep?

we have: 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI as infield positions.... I have Miguel Cabrera and Álex Rodríguez as my 1st and 3rd keepers, but probably won't be keeping a SS, 2B (unless I keep Hill) or MI.

If I keep Zimmerman he'll be my CI and Hill would obviously take up my 2B slot.

I think Hill will regress this year and their both on pretty bad teams, but i feel like Zimmerman will get more points for me this year. But my lack of players in the MI makes me think I should take Hill.

Also we don't have to pick our keepers by positions. We keep any 7 batters

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Team and Scoring in signature
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Recruit

Keep Hill. Even if he regresses to 25hr/100rbi's this year, that's dynamite from the 2B position. You have solid players at your CI already so you can afford to let Zimmerman go.

Dobber Sports Novice

Whiskey Jacks is right. Hill's value at 2nd base is worth more then Zimmer at 3rd. Plus, I expect less regression from Hill then I would from Zimmer. And yes, both team's are bad (though I think they'll be slightly better then people think).

Dobber Sports Rookie

Going against the grain and say keep Zimmerman. Although I think we've seen Zimmerman's ceiling, thiink it will be much harder to redraft him then Hill - plus there's a glut of 2B you can get this year.

That being said, keeping Hill isn't a terrible choice - they're both extremely close, but I think Hill doesn't even exceed 25 HR/100 RBI.

Dobber Sports Novice

I really like Zimmerman but you already have A-Rod for 3b and 2b is so hard to fill. I expect a slight dropoff for Hill and feel Zimmerman will continue to improve but the lack of depth at the 2b position send the nod over to Hill.

I have to agree with DJ here. Looking at (short) career #'s Zimmer has been more productive and provided consistantly bigger #'s than hill. Hill's numbers look like an anomaly when looking at previous season #'s. Zimmerman's #'s are better, I go with him and send Hill packing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
    I have to agree with DJ here. Looking at (short) career #'s Zimmer has been more productive and provided consistantly bigger #'s than hill. Hill's numbers look like an anomaly when looking at previous season #'s. Zimmerman's #'s are better, I go with him and send Hill packing.
    I also agree with DJ here. 2B is catching up with 3B for depth at the position in my mind.
    Its close but I would keep Zimmerman
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Thanks for all the help guys! Dobber Baseball is really as good as Dobber Hockey

However, this disscussion is somewhat in vain... My apologies.

I traded Hill, Beckett and Jeter for H. Rameriez.

I don't feel so bad because IMO I killed this trade and am quite happy about it.

But thanks for all the great insight guys, I appreciate it!
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

that's a great trade for you. if it's the trade detailed in another post and you were't going to keep jeter anyway then i say you made out like a bandit on that trade. well done.

Dobber Sports Rookie

As Hammer said, if you're not protecting Jeter you did well. Even if you were, still a trade I'd do.