Thread: Just drafted my team howd i do!?

Default Just drafted my team howd i do!?

10 team roto espn standard cats
    C- Doumit
    1B- Cantu
    2B- Pedroia
    3B- Sandoval
    SS- Hanley Ramirez
    2B/SS- Kelly Johnsson
    1B/3B- Chone Figgins
    OF- J.Upton, Ellsbury, C.Lee, Shin Soo Choo, Damon
    U- Aramis Ramriez
    BN-Reimold, Rajai Davis
    P- Joakim Soria(RP), Wandy Rodriguez(SP), Heath Bell(RP), Brian Wilson(RP), Scott Baker(SP), Max Scherzer(SP), David Aardsma(RP), Wade Davis(SP), Mike Gonzalez(RP), Hiroki Kuroda(SP)

IMO my pitching needs help but i would like some of your guys opinions.
    cheers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Good job on your draft, You have a nice blend of power and speed and think your pitching is just fine. You have Wandy who's underrated, and Baker I think is about to step into ace territory. Scherzer is almost there as well if he can pitch deeper into games. The only issues you might have is with wins, but something I wouldn't worry about right away.

thanks
    i just picked up Slowey, and i dropped Wade davis, cause hes a rookie not sure how he will do. was this smart?

Dobber Sports Rookie

It's fine, either way, 10 team leagues mean you will have plenty of pitching to choose from. Slowey is a good candidate to bounce back as well

what is your thoughts on Kelly Johnsson?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think it's possible we see a rebound from KJ, who was unlucky last year, and actually improved his skills despite the .224 average. His power was along the same lines as previous years, so someone I'd hold on to unless there are better options out there.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

youve got a lot of speed, id drop rajai and pick davis back up. the rays arent going to hold him back like they did davis, he's got a green light to go 200 innings if he can.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

i agree with Snyder here. i seldom say it but i think you have too much speed and not enough power. you also are lacking a power pitcher to anchor your staff. i'd probably shop someone like Ellsbury a bit to see what sort of SP who gets K's he can land you.

OK Ive dropped Rajai and picked back up Wade Davis
    and what type of pitcher do you guys think i can get in return for Ellsbury?
    thanks

Dobber Sports Rookie

I honestly don't think you'd get full value for Ellsbury at this point. I'd roll with the team you have and make changes later. If you were to make a trade, make it for a power bat.