Thread: Mauer and Volstad for Peavy?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Mauer and Volstad for Peavy?

I\'ve been shopping Mauer around trying to get some pitching since I also have Posada and Weiters but good pitching seems to very hard to come by in my league - Am I giving up too much for Peavy? This is a one year CBS standard H2H points league and my team is included below.

EDIT - should I be worried at all about this ankle issue that he has?

OF/U - Carlos Beltran, Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez
    C - Joe Mauer
    1B - Joey Votto
    3B - Ryan Zimmerman
    2B - Dustin Pedroia
    SS - Ben Zobrist

Bench - Jorge Posada, Mark Derosa, Matt Weiters

SP - Johan Santana, Brandon Webb, Roy Oswalt, Jon Lester, Chris Volstad, Hiroki Kuroda, David Price
    RP - Joakim Soria, Trevor Hoffman

Seems like a steep price to me. Volstad is a little too good to be a throw in. I\'d at least back off to Mauer and Lester, or shop Posada instead and do Posada and Volstad. I don\'t know that Peavy will improve at all if he leaves Petco for say, Wrigley. Now is a great time to sell on Wieters in a one year league.

I agree with dubfiend, you\'re paying too much. I can see how you might be a little panicked about your pitching right now, but it\'s really not bad. Webb will be coming back (probably before the All-Star break) and Oswalt will turn things around like he does every year. Peavy won\'t win the Cy Young this year, and may never again once he leaves SD.

Dobber Sports Rookie

It is a very steep price to pay, but how deep is your league? If you\'re in a 12 team or under league, then the blow won\'t be as bad as there will be solid players on the wire you can pickup to replace the empty spot.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec