Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vinny Prospal to Philly

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Vinny Prospal to Philly

Or as Jerry would say to Tom:

Touche, MR. *****cat.
    That was Jerry\'s nephew that did that! Dressed in the three musketeers outfit w/ fencing foil.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Prospal on the second line. With Briere? Im sure Stevens will mix it up and see what kind of combinations will work... but I wished that he would set a lineup and keep it like that.

too much moving around to get comfortable out there with the other players
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Pro

Thorensen and Downie did well at the dot tonight. Rj doesn\'t do so well with faceoffs and he stays with Danny to cover his defensive weaknesses.:dry:

Line three not having a true center there doesn\'t bother me so much because we are shifting from a three scoring line plan/format to a two top lines and two checking lines. Get the hitters and energy guys together, positions be damned.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Pro

Well if RJ can improve on that... I really like this PA boy. He has the grit that reminds me of Primeau. I hope we keep ahold of him.

Richards
    Umberger
    Carter

Oh man I love our young guys. I cant wait for Giroux and Van Reimsdyk
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Pro

I like RJ a lot too. I went to college with his cousin at Pitt. She used to live with one of my friend\'s gf\'s. PA links aside, he definitely employs the hard working ethos of the \"arn\" city (when people from pittsburgh say iron it sounds like arn). I\'ve been touting his services here all year.

Night in night out the flyers most consistent effort guys are RJ, Richy, Coburn, and Smith.

And I love that he DESTROYS the penguins :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo: :silly: :lol:

The streak is over, there is light.....

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This seems like a sideways move for prospals value. Good to move him in a high year though for TB. He may have a bit an initial surge to get him back to PPG and then settle back in at a slightly lesser pace. I don\'t really see this hurting him necessarily though.

The move to TB helps picard\'s value I\'d think. Not quite as much competition there.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Pro

The move to TB helps picard\'s value I\'d think. Not the same roadblocks there.
    Totally agree. I asked in the Boyle thread if people think he gets on the ice immediately for TB since outside of Boyle their D is horrid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nh34C1_Iy4

Peters vs the Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwVm8RjQqjE

Funny youtube video from broad street bully lol

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Demi-God

J Status wrote:
    This seems like a sideways move for prospals value. Good to move him in a high year though for TB. He may have a bit an initial surge to get him back to PPG and then settle back in at a slightly lesser pace. I don\'t really see this hurting him necessarily though.

The move to TB helps picard\'s value I\'d think. Not quite as much competition there.
    I think you are right on Prospal, J. The next several games are the time to own him. A couple of 2 point games out of the chute would be what I expect.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah TB sure can use the kid and they wouldn\'t want to resign prospal for a down season again anyway right? I wonder if NHL teams will really buy into that when considering him this offseason haha.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rusty Pickles wrote:
    The move to TB helps picard\'s value I\'d think. Not the same roadblocks there.
    Totally agree. I asked in the Boyle thread if people think he gets on the ice immediately for TB since outside of Boyle their D is horrid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nh34C1_Iy4

Peters vs the Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwVm8RjQqjE

Funny youtube video from broad street bully lol
    Like a warner bros cartoon haha

Dobber Sports Wizard

bwhee wrote:
    Ok, so we can pretty much count on Prospal\'s fantasy production to drop from here on out?

Looking for a reason to just cut him loose and pick up a D man from the wire... :blink:

Spacek, Weber, Suter, Tarnstrom all floating out there...
    I was just offered a trade - my Prospal and Boyes for Plekanec and Niedermeyer. I think I might take it. I don\'t see Prospal\'s value staying the same at all. If the move to Richards wing couldn\'t produce points I don\'t see how Briere\'s wing will work.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

I know I\'m in the minority here, but I think Homer just made a really bad trade.

Nothing against Prospal, he\'s a nice player and all, ...but the Flyers will get his services for 15 games or so( 4G,9A), and then he\'ll be gone because they have no room for him next year either on the roster, or under the cap.

The conditional draft pick is either the Flyer\'s second round pick (If the Flyers reach the confrence finals), or much more likely: Calgary\'s 3rd rounder.

To me... that already is a questionable trade for a team that has been stressing the importance of not mortgaging the future for a quick fix.

And on top of that Homer throws a decent sized, smooth skating, offensive defensman, who just played in the AHL all star game, is considered one of the organizations best prospects, and who is by all accounts just about NHL ready!

It just seems like an awful lot to give up for an older player that\'s fighting with his coach, about to become an unrestricted free agent that you wont be able to resign, and who is obviously not going to put the Flyers over the top.

I just don\'t get it. :unsure:

I mean if Ottowa makes this trade it\'s brilliant, and it could give them the cup. ...But for the Flyers, what will it give them? :angry:

(Thank You for listening. This concludes today\'s angry rant. Be sure to tune in for tomorrow\'s rant, titled: Dennis Gauthier: Why the #$%&! is he still here?)
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Pro

The reason Parent is playing on the flyers right now and not picard was b/c picard needs work, he is in the ahl b/c he can\'t play a lick of defense, he has an awesome offensive upside (see M.A. Bergeron for instance). With Kimo and Coburn around he is in a position log jam at offensive defenseman, and he is a guy teams could\'ve easily run at while being a RFA this offseason. Being an AHL all star, this is a great time to deal him as he\'d be on every teams radar as a guy to gun after since we can\'t pay him or play him yet. I don\'t think it\'s too much of a price to pay and I don\'t like the prospects of being in first place at the all star break and not making the playoffs. Yes, we are young, but they had the get your ass kicked year last year. I\'d like to see us sneak in the playoffs at least, give the kids a taste....

I think that means they like Bartulis more......

Dug through a lot of fodder, here is a gem from the flyers message board

the predators owe the flyers for matt ellison. The deal was Matt ellison to the preds and future considerations to the flyers. I hope that would help us get suter.
    I likeyB)

Thinking further on this Prospal deal, we also steal a guy that was linked as potentially going to help the Guins out on the wing....subtraction by addition lol. Keeping real wingers away from Pittsburgh gives the other eastern teams a shot this year. Also, even if his pt production goes down when he arrives, he still arrives as the teams #2 scorer behind Mike Richards, for a good price, win-win for both sides.

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the info on Picard....

When I read this, I just had to laugh out loud a bit....

Thinking further on this Prospal deal, we also steal a guy that was linked as potentially going to help the Guins out on the wing....subtraction by addition lol. Keeping real wingers away from Pittsburgh gives the other eastern teams a shot this year.
    Sorry Flyers Fans but that hurts.....

Dobber Sports Pro

That is fine, I am totally cool with the chickens overpaying for a guy who is a known playoff donut. He will then leave in the offseason when they refuse to pay him 8 mill. Thus, making his acquisition a moot point. Plus, they traded two well liked guys in the locker room, watch to see how the chemistry does when Hossa arrives.

Use the Schwartz