Thread: Who will keep up their pace???

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who will keep up their pace???

Who is likely to keep hitting and who is likely to keep sucking? Where is the best upgrade?

Marco Scuturo - Mike Aviles
    Jorge Cantu - Kevin Kouzmanoff
    Adam Jones - Chris B. Young
    Mike Napoli - Geovany Soto

Pretty much all these guys are bench players, but on heavy salary SP weeks, I need these cheaper bench players in - Pts.
    I\'ve been very dissapointed with these (4) cheap bench players. Where is the best upgrade?

I feel the Jays can only go down, and so will Scuuro\'s production. Plus, I have Rollins/HRAM who I could play alot.
    Cantu is smoking right now. But I maybe picking up ArOd in a couple weeks and then play him and Wright alot.
    Jones is great, but I have 3-4 other bench OF.
    Napoli interests me b/c my only other bench player is Doumit who is hurt for 8 weeks. So I have no spare and Soto sucks.

So, I\'m leaning to Napoli. But a buy on a C???
    Karma avail.

Dobber Sports Novice

aviles will be an upgrade over scutaro in the long run you\'d have to think. He hit over 300 in almost a full season\'s at bats last year and with scutaro you know what you\'re going to get. Guys with track records like his don\'t all of a sudden become stars (well at least not now with regular testing).
    12 team yahoo H2H, keep 2 arms, 3 bats and one born after 1984.

C:
    1B: Fielder
    2B: Cano
    3B: Longoria
    SS: Andrus (young keeper)
    OF:
    OF: Ichiro
    OF: CarGo
    Util:
    B:
    B:
    SP: Carpenter
    SP: Lee
    RP:
    P: E. Santana
    P: CJ Wilson
    P: Brett Anderson
    B:
    B:
    B:
    B:

Dobber Sports Stud

The only concern there Royalty is that even when Aviles does get it going, is he going to be moved up that much in the KC line up? He\'s batting 9th. Scuturo will come back to earth, but he\'s the Jays lead off hitter. So, that is really why I think he is the far better option at this point.

But, I think the Napoli p/u is the best, unless anyone dissagree\'s?

Not sure I agree with your comment that Soto sucks, the guys history suggests that he\'s due to break out in a big way at any moment now......most likely as soon as people start dropping him Napoli will not be an upgrade over Soto

I do however, like the Cantu pickup over Kouz. You just can\'t ignore a guy that\'s ripping like he is and there is some precedent to suggest that he\'s got it in him to keep it up.

I also like Jones over Young. Young\'s production is too frustrating for me and Jones seems to be on a steady progression towards the fantasy A-list

As for Aviles vs Scutaro, I\'m inclined to go with Aviles but not because I\'m sold on him, more because Scutaro has done nothing in his career to suggest that he will be of any fantasy relavance.