Thread: .....Freakin out

Default .....Freakin out

Nice work Snyder!

This is exactly the type of article I hope to see more of around here :cheer: Clear, Concise, relavent to everyone playing fantasy baseball.

So what\'s your prognosis on Volquez? I\'m quite heavily invested in the guy and wonder if he\'s just got a few kinks to iron out to get back to 08 form or if there is a bigger problem.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default .....Freakin out

I own him on an NL-only league team that I inherited this year, and I share your concern.

Through 4 starts, he\'s given up more walks than hits, which is ridiculous. His walk rate last year was 4.27; if he can drop that to 3.50 or lower, he could very well live up to the nickname that some have given him, \"Little Pedro\".

He\'s only 25, so what we\'re seeing are growing pains. He\'ll still put up great strikeout totals, but until he masters his control, his ERA and WHIP will continue to suffer.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default .....Freakin out

Volquez = Overrated. Volquez\'s numbers looked good last year because of a ridiculously high strand rate. His numbers this year are over inflated, but really, he\'s a guy that should\'ve had an ERA around 4 last year.

Cueto on the other hand is a guy that should\'ve had lower numbers last year, and is finally that showing this year, although he won\'t be able to maintain his current 2.19 ERA.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec