Thread: Schumaker at 2B

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Schumaker at 2B

What do you think we should expect from Schumaker?
    Is he a better option than other third or fourth tier 2B like Ian Stewart or F. Lopez?
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Schumaker at 2B

The question with him there now appears to be playing full time there...

Just picked him up

+1 for the heds up.

Edit: I like him there more than Stewart (who is fighting for P/T, and lopez who could lose his leadoff spot to a few players or his defensive position if Tracy does well and they move Reynolds to 2B)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Schumaker at 2B

I personally like Stewart better, even if he doesn\'t start off with a full time position. He\'ll see some time at 2B, 3B, and possibly LF. In half as many at bats he still put up the same numbers as Schumaker. If this is someone you\'re going to stash on your bench, I want the guy with better upside.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Schumaker at 2B

Perhaps --- for me it depends on my team... IF my team is strong or think it is. In my \'replacement players\' i\'m looking for guys who will add something to my team (in roto) and not hurt me in other areas. Eg. Theriot is a fantastic back up SS - will add steals, and not hurt you in Avg. or K\'s (if your leauge counts that). Although you ultimately lose groud from losing the starter, trying to limit that is important.

IF my team is weaker, I might be looking at a possibly starter replacement/trade bait type player - where I\'m willing to take the risk that he wont pan out. - Stewart for example.

My latest two drafting keeper leagues are both strong, so perhaps my responses have been tainted with that mindset lately. While leaning towards the safer selection.

Perhaps I\'m just getting old! LOL