Thread: Uehara, Koji

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Uehara, Koji

What are peoples thoughts on this guy? I know he\'s old...but is he a MUCH better option then lets say Blackburn or Litsch?

I have first waiver claim, and I\'m debating wether to claim him or not...I\'d have to drop percival,blackburn,Litsch,or kotchman.

7ks\' in 3 inngs...anybody know how he did in his other starts?
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Uehara, Koji

Not sure if he\'s worth the waiver claim. I personally wait it out, as he\'s just as much of a crapshoot as Blackburn. Would much prefer to wait the first few weeks to use my waiver on either someone starting off slow (manager will always jump the gun the first few weeks).
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default Uehara, Koji

I know that one other owner is putting in 4 claims. His first one is for Uehara. SO, by the time everyone puts the first claims in, I might just bounce back up to 8th position in the claims list right away. He\'s the #2 in baltimore, blackburn is the #5 and doesn\'t K much. I\'m starting to think its a no brainer worth a shot. The other guy I\'m thinking about is the 1stbaseman for Sanfran...ishakawa or whatever his name is? what ya think of him too? No claim, just hope he passes. I\'d likely have to drop Kotchman in the end for him...but he\'s busting out the pwr big time.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Uehara, Koji

Last time I bought into the Japanese hype, I got Dice K. It didn\'t fair very well for me. I still like to use my waiver 1 priority on someone starting off slow, but I agree, Blackburn is waiver wire fodder, and would rather pick up a middle reliever.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default Uehara, Koji

I\'m not sure I understand your starting off slow stretegy. I\'m thinking you have to prounce on guys that show early signs of stardum. Middle relievers have almost zero value in our league. Uehara might not be superhuman but he has a descent track record of what I can find of him. The #2 on baltimore leaves me with a forsure starter and could end up being a good K one too. I think I\'ve answered my own question but would still like to hear from others and porter.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Uehara, Koji

When I say starting off slow, I mean guys giving up on players starting off slow. Last year in my keeper league, CC Sabathia was traded for Johnny Cueto, straight up after posting an ERA over 7 after May.
    Keeper League:

Default Uehara, Koji

haha, understood. CC won my pool. pitching on 3 days rest. I just know that I will bounce right back up to 6-8 on waiver claims after cause EVERYONE has people to claim it seems. Now is the best time to use it probably. He\'s a guaranteed starter...and those 7k\'s were against nationals BUT he might even be better then Guthrie who I might trade for vernon injured wells.
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol