Default What do you think...

I have been offered C G. Soto for C R. Martin

I am counter offering my

C R. Martin
    2B I. Kinsler

for his

C G. Soto
    2B D. Pedroia

I have enough steals through out my team to compete if not win tops in that category without Martins +/-20.
    My main concern is Kinsler\'s injury.

AM I giving up the injury prone guy who should\'ve won the MVP and is going to get injured again - for the guy who won it but is just not as good if the Kinsler has the full season. Basically, who is better THIS year with a FULL season, and given that, do think Kinlser can make it.

Soto I take for the HR and RBI support I don\'t get in Martin, given he is a decent multi-cat catcher with his steals being the lure (there was a run on C and I got him (martin) as fourth choice).

I am set to take the offer as is, but looking to get out of the jam of having a forced top rnd(2nd) pick in Kinlser for someone healtier.

Sorry if the multi-laced questions are c-r-y-p-t-i-c.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I prefer the Martin and Kinsler side.

I own Soto and have often wondered if I should offer him for Martin. Kinsler is a beast all cats. Who\'s to know if he\'s gonna be healthy but I just think he\'s a sexier pick.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Wouldn\'t make that deal if I were you. Let\'s not forget that Martin is 1 year removed from hitting 19 HR.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

I wouldn\'t make it either. I think we\'ve seen the best of pedroi. Kinsler will offer more HR this year and ddp said he contributes to all 5 cats.

Plus you never know Soto could struggle due to the infamous sophomore jinx

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

mm12 wrote:
    Plus you never know Soto could struggle due to the infamous sophomore jinx
    I was going to bring this point up as well. Assuming the C\'s are equal in value, there has to be greater risk to Soto than Martin due to past performance (or lack thereof).

As for Kinsler. There is an IF there, but I think if he\'s healthy he\'s the better player to own. Pedrioa had a fantastic season last year. I\'d like to see him do it again before I start supporting him like his tighty whities do!