Thread: How Many SP\'s to Own in Roto or H2H?

dre857

Default How Many SP\'s to Own in Roto or H2H?

This is a topic that has haunted me for years...How many would be the suggested amount of SP\'s to roster in a Roto league which starts 2SP\'s,2RP\'s and 3P\'s with a yearly innings limit of 1250???

Same question for H2H leagues, but there is no inning limit?

The reason why I ask...I feel I have too many SP\'s on the team below and NEED to drop someone because I\'m \'DROOLING\' over C.Barmes (2B,SS,3B) on the Free Agents list......

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you could afford to give up one SP from your team.

Not sure why you are drooling over Barmes. All of your SP\'s are too valuable to drop for him.

I\'d try to trade one for an RP. Really you only have Soria for Svs.

dre857

I\'m pretty good at vulturing saves throughout the season...and in a 12 team League, Barmes would be a great utility players coming off my bench. Thats why I\'m trying to do a 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 type of trade....

So, Porter is think along my thoughts...5 SP\'s at the most for a Roto with a 1250 innings limit.

What about H2H?

imported_shallowfrozenwater

i like to go w/ as many SP\'s as possible in H2H, i put maybe 2 sticks on the bench. that way i can max my lineup going after K\'s and W\'s (plus hopefully keep the ratios decent) and in so doing i can still roster my hitting 90% of the time.

I agree 100% with SFH2O. If you have too many players on your hitting bench they rarely get subbed in or worse, they get hot on the bench, you miss the boat and it\'s a vicious cycle all season.

Load up your bench with pitchers and make sure you get \'em in when they start and watch the stats pile up. Don\'t complicate your hitting bench by loading it up with what you think or appear to be solid fantasy players, it makes for difficult decisions all season.

Just plug them in and maybe bring them fresh oranges a couple of times a week to keep them happy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yea - for H2H - I have found myself being too deep up on offense with guys rotting there since I can\'t find enough P/T for them.

Eventually you have a revolt - players requesting trades. Gim in your hair, and you are no good to anyone anymore!

In H2H - load up on SP\'s

InRoto - 5 SP\'s you can count on with an innings limit is good. There will always be hot guys off the waiver wire to spot start if need be