P-Jonathan Sanchez
    P-Justin Masterson

Bench
    Jarrod Saltalamachia
    Ben Sheets
    Yunel Escobar
    Mike Cameron
    Jon Rauch

Would you trade Scott Kazmir and Yunel Escobar for Ryan Zimmerman and Scott Baker

Thanks (Karma will be given)

Default Trade Help! (Karma)

Personally I probably make that trade. It\'s not like we\'re talking about trading Johan and A-rod away. I would be reluctant to trade Kazmir away but you are getting Baker back which could be considered an even trade (arguably).

Escobar is garbage so you should have no fear in trading him away and you would get Zimmerman (2006 ROY)in return which could pay off if he stays healthy.

Escobar will sit on your bench all season while if you make the trade you can insert Zimmerman in a util spot while you can feel out those young OF\'s you have. One of them might not work out and you can at least still have your roster full and if they all work out you have some trade bait to upgrade that 2B position of yours.

I\'d pull the trigger on that deal.

Although this doesn\'t mean squat.......

ADP (average draft position) S. Kazmir = 100.4
    ADP Y. Escobar = 225.5

ADP S. Baker = 124.4
    ADP R. Zimmerman = 131.2

I\'m a little hesitant now that I\'ve written all that crap to recommend you to take the deal. Can you work on a trade to upgrade your 2B. Casilla has got to go.

Dangling Kazmir should help you upgrade your 2B.

Good Luck!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d stand pat on this deal I think. Zimmerman would be not a terrible pick up for you. However, Kazmir is arguably your best SP - if hes healthy hes as good as any of the top 5 SP\'s out there. And hes\' young to boot. I\'d hate to rely on CZamb, and Lester to anchor my SP\'s going forward.

IF you were to deal Kaz, I\'d want a better SP back - someone with upside almost as good as \"Kaz\" - and a decent player OR an upgrade at 2B as 2Legit suggested.

Good Luck to you.

Just an idea but can you counter with Zambrano instead of Kazmir?

Porter offers wise advise.

I\'d sooner part with Zambrano than Kazmir.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the help guys!

And to the last comment, this owner specifically wants Kaz. I am going to try and get Orlando Hudson involved.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I do this trade in a heartbeat. Kazmir is overrated in my mind. Too many control issues, and has the tendency to give up the HR more than Baker. Not to mention Kazmir is always an injury risk.

In a H2H league you need consistency, and Baker is a lot more consistent than Kazmir.

Numbers over the past 3 years have shown good growth and think this year can grow even more.

As 2legit said the 1-1 trade could go through, but you use Kazmir\'s hype to get a better player thrown in there, and that\'s Zimmerman. If you can get an upgrade at 2B, even better, but O-Dog isn\'t an upgrade. Zimmerman\'s numbers should also improve with Adam Dunn in Washington to protect him.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks. Any more?

I agree that O-Dawg is not an upgrade really. What else does he have to toss your way. I might be convinced to deal Kaz (who I feel has tremendous upside advantage over Baker). A Baker/Zimmerman/Odog does not entice me at all.

Baker/Zimmerman/A player similar to Zimmerman in value) - might do it.

I took a closer look at Bakers stats over the past few years as DjKiang suggested, and yes it shows steady growth. But the Twins are not yet a good team, and he does not look to have the added K\' factor to help out his stats. I still feel that Kaz - although injury prone, can match Johan/Webb etc. in any given week. Even in H2H - that carries value.

As I said, what else does this guy have to send over or for you to ask for?

I agree with the status quo; O-Dawg is no upgrade. Target a quality 2B with upside, he doesn\'t have to be a superstar.

If the person really wants Kaz then I would make him pay for it. Supply and demand. Ask for the moon and then you can slowly work your way down to a dwarf planet or satellite.

I always start at the top and work my way down. You have to leave room for negotiation. Starting with O-Dawg in the equation leaves you no room for negotiation (always asking for more! It\'s better if it seems as if you are always negotiating for less with a specific target).

What else does this poor unsuspecting soul have to offer? If he\'s not willing to cough up for Kaz then play it cool and send some feelers out to other managers. Anyone would love to have Kaz on their roster and someone might just be willing to pay the price. Go for an upgrade, don\'t settle.

I\'m gonna go with stick with Kazmir and yunel. (if thats the atlant brave SS) Young is moving to 3rd base possibly. I think some are underestimating what Yunel will bring this year. Kazmir is better value then baker AND he will have all around better numbers. Zimmerman was a punk last year. Baker seems to get injured a lot. Stick with what ya got brother!
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Player A - 71 Runs, 10 HR, 60 RBI, 2 SB, .288 BAA, .366 OBP
    Player B - 51 Runs, 14 HR, 51 RBI, 1 SB, .283 BAA, .333 OBP

Player A is Yunel Escobar
    Player B is Ryan Zimmerman, with 86 less AB.

What you have in Escobar is Edgar Renteria 2008. If you think this is worth it, then hold onto him.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Just a tidbit of information I just watched.... someone likes Baker....

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...amp;src=sports

Escobar also has had shoulder and hamstring injuries. I had escobar in my keeper last year and sold when he was high. I would sell him while you can, he won\'t get much better than he has been.

Not that Zim hasn\'t had his share of shoulder probs though...... Zim batted .306 after the All-Star break last season

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So a no from you guys?

Thanks btw.

I would try to get more for Kazmir or Zambrano. But I\'m also greedy. B)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Will do. What do you think of my team? (In the 1st post, Be Honest)