Thread: A-Roid and Saunders for Chris Davis and Wang

Dobber Sports Novice

Default A-Roid and Saunders for Chris Davis and Wang

10 team full Keeper league with minor league roster.

I would give up Chris Davis and Chien-Ming Wang and get A-Rod and Saunders.

I can afford to wait for A-Rod to heal if he has surgery with A-Ram at 3RD. I think Saunders is underrated and I have C.C., Weaver, Morrow, Sonnanstine, Sheets, and Blanton on my MLB roster with Adenhart, Holland, Neftali Feliz, Brett Cecil, and Chris Tilman sitting in the minors.

Davis is my 1B of the future replace Pena, but can I pass on the potential to get A-Rod for the next couple of years? (I do have Gabby Sanchez and Yonder Alonso neither of which I see playing first for their teams).

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts

Looks like the trade is not as intriguing anymore now that some are comparing the hip to Albert Bells career ending injury (cubnation via the Mad Dog Show on Sirrus Radio)

Had to cite my source since he is a member of the Dobber boards!!!!
    My Team is Better Than Yours!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Great trade for you if it\'s a keeper. Only thing I don\'t like is getting Saunders back. I don\'t think A-Rod\'s injury will have the same effect as Albert Belle, but think you could use that as leverage to get a higher upside, strikeout pitcher.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

I did end up making the trade. The owner threw in Michael Moustakas too.

So in the end I got A-Rod, Joe Saunders, and Michael Moustakas for Chris Davis and Chein-Ming Wang.

I think I got a killer deal, but the owner trading is typically frugal in his trading so what am I missing (besides hip surgery and steroids)?
    My Team is Better Than Yours!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Don\'t think you\'re missing much. Chris Davis will more than likely be a beast, but you know A-Rod is already a beast. So find yourself a temporary replacement until he comes back, and you\'re golden. (Although I do think he\'ll need some time before becoming the A-Rod we all know)
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec