Thread: Drop Kendrick or Lowry

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Drop Kendrick or Lowry

I need to drop either Kyle Kendrick or Noah Lowry to fill an OF spot I really really need. My pitchers after them are:
    Shields
    Soria
    Sherrill
    U. Jimenez
    Lackey
    Lohse
    Danks
    O. Perez
    Carpenter
    Joba Joba the Hut

I like Lowry but scared of the TJ surgery he had. Also afraid who is actually gonna start. Kendrick or Lowry?? Need help before the draft moves on. This will save me from starting Chris Duncan! PLEASE HELP!
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Is your league a 20 team league or something haha...

You drop Lowry because of the TJ surgery. Both pitchers don\'t strike many batters out, so you might as well go with the healthy one.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Stud

Actually 14...you have a problem with my pitchers. Its a pretty deep league in my opinion. Had to build the team from the bottom up. Lowry seemed to be the one to drop. Thanks
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

No don\'t have a problem with your pitchers at all. The problem I do have is you having to debate which of Kendrick or Lowry to drop! I don\'t think either should be carried on your team, as they will do much more harm than good.

You have some really good starting pitching in Shields, Lackey, Joba, Carpenter & Danks, and already have pitchers that will increase your WHIP in Perez and Jiminez. No need to carry guys that both have low K rates and even higher WHIPs then Perez.

Personally I\'d do what you want to do, and spend it on OF or IF with upside.

Anything above 12 teams is deep, but even in my 18 team league, Lowry isn\'t being carried.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

I would clip Lowry. No need to read into it anymore than that, no overwhelming stats ask that he\'s kept, no overwhelming team-support, no overwhelming.. well, anything - plus the TJ situation let\'s you clip and walk away.

clip away, and keep building - good luck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lowry used to have potential but I wouldn\'t carry either.

Otherwise, I really think his staff has some good upside.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Stud

No that\'s cool. I had them on my team last season and they actually are both getting cut. I just made the post to have something new on the Dobber Forums. Your welcome Status! I knew my decision but wanted other people\'s opinion.
    T.G.