Thread: Keeper Trade

amn5hol

Default Keeper Trade

Who would you rather have this year and beyond.
    Haren and Morneau or Liriano and Teixera???
    Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Keeper Trade

Well let\'s look at it like this. Just projections I see.

Haren: 28 years old, wins around 15 with 180 K\'s.
    Morneau: 27 years old, round 25 homers, .300 avg, 110 RBI\'s

Liriano: 25 years old, he\'s the wild card. How will he do with his injuries. Could be great if he his arm is better.
    Teixera: 28 years old, 30 homers, 110 Rbi\'s, and close to .300 avg

Now it depends on your team what else you have. I personally would like to take that risk with Liriano/Teixera only because of Mark being on the Yanks, and Liriano\'s age. Has plenty of time to heal. Could be wrong but what I believe. Hope this helps.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper Trade

Haren & Morneau. Haren isn\'t considered an elite pitcher, but should be. The 5 less HR you get with Morneau, you should be able to make up if you play your cards right. I\'m a Liriano owner, and if someone offered me Haren in a deal in my keeper league, I\'d most definitely do that deal. Haren\'s best years are still to come.

That being said, if this deal was offered to you, why not see if you can add onto that trade? The way I see it, if he offered it to you, it\'s because he really thinks Liriano will become the next Johan (like projected).
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

dre857

Default Keeper Trade

Personally, I\'d take F.Liriano and M.Teixeira...Tex has more POWER upside and should be just under Morneau for AVG., everything thing will be similar. And in a KEEPER, I love Liriano even more, now that he has developed a couple more pitches to go with that \'nasty lefty change\'.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Default Keeper Trade

ok, i misread the question and had to go back. if you were keeping one of the 4 options then i like Tex the most, that\'s what i thought you were asking. now on to what you\'re really saying, you want Haren/Morneau. there\'s a fairly big difference tween Haren and and Liriano in my books but Morneau and Tex are pretty similar in terms of production. i\'d take the slightly less production from Morneau in order to get more production from Haren.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper Trade

Haren & Morneau for me please!

Default Keeper Trade

haren and morneau for me too pls!
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Default Keeper Trade

haren and morneau for me too pls!
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Default Keeper Trade

Hrmm... I would want something else on the Teixeria/Liriano side to make the trade even, but that\'s the side I\'d love to be enticed to take. But 2-2 It\'s not worth it. The safety of Haren outweighs the potential upside in Teixeria here.