Thread: Decisions decisions..... when to grab?

Default Decisions decisions..... when to grab?

My keeper league starts drafting soon and it appears as if we have narrowed to 8 teams now. After everyone has selected their 15 keepers when do you reach for a top prospect in the draft? The first few rounds there are still some pretty good players available..... when would you snag a Weiters,Price, Maybin or Snider? Who would you target the most? It\'s hard for me to justify targeting a catcher but what if they move him to another position? Exciting times!

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Haven\'t played in an 8 team league in years, but that\'s only 120 players protected. I think in that kind of league setup, I don\'t even pick those guys.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

To answer your question, I would say Price,Maybin,weiters then snider.

Price is a beast. Maybe is speed and pwr. Weiters going to be good too.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

I guess my answer didn\'t answer your question technically :P

If you\'re set on selecting them, I\'d probably select those during the last 4 rounds.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Thanks. I don\'t like to reach but seeing as how this is a keeper I don\'t want to miss the boat either.

This is my second year of this keeper (first and only baseball keeper). I have rebuilt the team through trades and acquisitions from what it was originally. (Pujols, Howard and Pena all acquired through trades without giving up draft picks! Gave up Harden, Bedard, Weaver, Snell, Wood and some other garbage that was selling high) and things could go well if I plan the draft accordingly.