Thread: who wins this trade?

Default who wins this trade?

M. Ramirez & K-Rod

for

Rollins and Bruce

who wins this deal?

The trade hasn\'t been proposed yet I am just thinking of upgrading my SS and getting rid of ManRam and his aging bat. I know he\'s still got plenty left in him but would it be worth it to acquire Bruce and Rollins? Or do I just stick with Tulow?

I led our league by over 20 saves last season so as I see it, although k-rod got a lot of saves last year it probably won\'t happen again and I could use his ranking to help push this trade.

Crazy talk?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Since this is for a keeper, I\'m all about moving Manny (especially considering his age and his likely displeasure with the way his negotiations are going) and selling high on K-Rod. Just the right move. You are buying low on Rollins probably because he was playing injured much of last year apparently and had a bit of a down season. He is also at a great position. Bruce even hit a little below his lofty expectations although nothing to worry about.

I like the Rollins and Bruce side much more.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dang dawg! It\'s like you were reading my edit and making it better whilst I was in the editing process. I need to lay off the halls cough drops.

Cheers

B)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

J Status wrote:
    Since this is for a keeper, I\'m all about moving Manny (especially considering his age and his likely displeasure with the way his negotiations are going) and selling high on K-Rod. Just the right move. You are buying low on Rollins probably because he was playing injured much of last year apparently and had a bit of a down season. He is also at a great position. Bruce even hit a little below his lofty expectations although nothing to worry about.

I like the Rollins and Bruce side much more.
    Agree\'d - if you can get that, take that!

Dobber Sports Recruit

agreed on wanting to have the rollins/bruce-almighty side.

and as a side-subliminal thought to chew over, consider the hype building with 2b\'s / ss\'s as the premier positions these days in guides/experts words, etc and you can move rollins for a guy that\'ll sure-up a slot that you may be hurting in (considering he also packages in a ss/2b as well like a drew, or lowrie, or similar young(er) guy). j\'roll (if healthy) on that lineup is nasty enough to keep AND nasty enough to dangle in front of another owner without having the manny\'esque fumes to cut through and sour a situation if he\'s not a fan..

(but) if it\'s a keeper system, and you honestly believe that manny will hgh and focus himself as he did for those ridiculous few montha last season and you NEED to win now, then click away for manny\'s side...

but.. but also consider that bruce could very well produce manny\'esque power numbers one day (sooner than later), may never ever sniff the onbase but otherwise in that bandbox should develop into something special for you to carry with your squad instead of the many-manny headaches that develop in offseasons, midseasons, and \"WTF COME ON MANNY PLAY LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU SHOWED UP TO THE DODGERS G*DAMMIT! \" similar feelings/situations.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not sure if the other team would go for that deal, unless he has a suitable replacement at SS. This deal would be a great deal for you however.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec