Thread: Gallardo or Kershaw\'s worth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gallardo or Kershaw\'s worth

My league settings are in my sig.

I have the following guys that I will likely keep.

Hamilton $12
    Votto $10
    Kinsler $26
    Billingsley $14
    Marmol $5
    Broxton $8

I also have Gallardo $14 and Kershaw$10.

Another GM has shown interest in Gallardo and of his team, the following guys are of interest to me: Beltre $18, Wieters $10, C.Davis $10 and T.Snider $10.

Realistically I\'m guessing that Davis is untouchable and I\'m not convinced how much playing time Wieters is going to get this year.

Are Beltre or Snider worth giving up Gallardo?

Would it be better for me to trade Kershaw?

I can keep Gallardo for 2 years at $14 (2009) and then $17 (2010) or Kershaw $10 (2009) and $12 (2010).

Beltre would be a 1 yr deal at $18 (2009) but I could keep Wieters or Snider for $10(2009) and $12(2010)

Dobber Sports Rookie

If Davis is untouchable, Gallardo should be untouchable as well, the way I look at it.

Snider and Wieters would be a great deal if you can pull that one off. Wieters might not start the season with Baltimore, but should be able to return $10 value at season\'s end. Risky, play, but you could try and talk up the concern that Wieters may not start the year, and that you\'d like Snider as part of the package.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In addition to the league settings in my sig...
    it is a Limited keeper - can keep 8 (or only 6 if in top/bottom 3) for a maximum of 2 yrs.

Another GM has shown interest in Ankiel - $10. He has stated that he only has 4 keepers - j.lopez, molina, slowey and liriano so he\'s looking to add keepers.

Would Kershaw $10 and Ankiel $10 be enough to land Liriano $8?

Kershaw and Ankiel could be kept for 2009 AND 2010 at $10/$12 respectively.

Liriano can only be kept for 2009 only and must then be released back into the auction.

If I made if Meche $10/12 + Kershaw $10/12 + Ankiel $10/12 would it be too much?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Would this allow you to hold on to Gallardo? If so, I\'d probably make that deal, even though holding onto Kershaw is tempting, this gives you a great chance to win now.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes, I would hold on to Gallardo and have:

Votto $10
    Kinsler $26
    Hamilton $12
    Billingsley $14
    Gallardo $14
    Liriano $8
    Marmol $5
    Broxton $8

So should I come over the top with Meche/Kershaw/Ankiel? or try to nickel and dime with just kershaw/ankiel?

I won\'t be able to keep Meche, but there\'s value in not having him keep Meche either...ie. being able to bid on Meche in the auction.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think you have your answer then

If you have too, then go over the top adding Meche.
    Keeper League: