SP Kazmir
    SP Haren
    SP Billingsley
    RP Lidge
    RP Nathan

Some tough choices.

amn5hol

Default Choose 7!

Really tough choices....and some of them are relative to your preferences.
    1B Teixeria
    3B Wright
    2B Utley
    3B Longoria
    SP Haren
    SP Billingsley
    SS/OF/2B Alexei Ramirez
    If i started a new team withn those 7 picks Id be really happy. Mccann is my top rated catcher as well.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Choose 7!

I\'d keep the same players Badone listed as well!
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default Choose 7!

1B Teixeria
    2B Utley
    SS/OF/2B Alexei Ramirez
    3B Longoria
    3B Wright
    SP Haren
    RP Nathan

It\'s a toss up between A. Ramirez and Lidge. For the sake of argument I picked A. Ramirez (reluctantly).

It\'s difficult to truly select with no details about your league categories, positions, teams, draft etc....

To get a more accurate list I suggest you post some additional details about the league in your signature.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Choose 7!

Whats going on here fellas?? something I\'m missing? why aren\'t any of u keeping mcCann in your list, the #1 ranked catcher?

This decision is easy for me....the only guy I\'d say wasn\'t a for sure is billingsley. trade one of your superstud 3B for something else if its a problem.

C McCann
    1B Teixeria
    2B Utley
    3B Longoria
    3B Wright
    SP Haren
    SP Billingsley

Try to trade Wright and billinsley for Hanley Ramirez...then keep Kazmir or something.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Default Choose 7!

2legit2quit wrote:
    It\'s difficult to truly select with no details about your league categories, positions, teams, draft etc....

To get a more accurate list I suggest you post some additional details about the league in your signature.
    OOppss.. Thought I had - my bad.

Standard Roto 5x5 with added offensive K\'s and OPS for batters.

So: R HR RBI SB AVG OPS K // W SV K WHIP ERA

Try to trade Wright and billinsley for Hanley Ramirez...then keep Kazmir or something.
    Unfortunately league rules state that trades may not be made until keepers are selected. SO I am unable to do a 2-1, then keep one of my other guys.

Default Choose 7!

So far Noone has advised me to keep Kazmir. I was leaning towards him and going with a list of:

Wright
    Longoria (we dress 2 UTL spots so I\'m fine here)
    Teixeira
    Utley
    Haren
    Billingsley
    Kazmir

Now - with depth of SP\'s likely to be available and some great young arms up and coming - I could likely get away with dropping Kaz (who would be #3 on my list). Though he\'s 25, and will one day kick ass - I\'m positive of that. I just don\'t want to be kicking myself on that one.

McCann - #1 C. Could very well be! I just find C\'s to be relatively inconsistent. McCann might just be one of the more consistent C\'s however.

Alexei Ramirez - Just not sold on him being as \'elite\' as the other guys on the list (relative to position). Although the position flexibuility is HUGE. He\'s also 27, so not exactly a young Rookie here. Although I did trade FOR him in another pool so it\'s not like I dont have confidence in him at all.

RP\'s - Nathan is an interesting choice here. I\'m sure I\'ll be grabbing a RP with one of my top 2 selections in the draft - and Nathan is one of the best to be sure! Just not sold on keeping a RP at all in a top 7 with these options - I put his name out to get ppl\'s feel on the situation, but hard to keep a 1 Cat. Keeper.

Now if I were to keep a player outside of Kaz, I guess I\'ll have to run some #\'s to see Alexei vs. McCann here. Both at prime positions. Although McCann is top 3 elite in C, while Alexei is about a tier 2 SS.

Food for thought!

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Porter out.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Choose 7!

After a quick look over again, I think daver is right. Not sure how I missed McCann, but I\'d protect McCann, and leave Billingsley unprotected.

Porter, Kazmir is as inconsistent as they come, more so than McCann. Not to mention injury prone. In a roto league it won\'t effect you as much, but I\'d much rather have pitchers like Billingsley instead.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default Choose 7!

Not to get off topic here, hopefully easy to explain, but can someone please tell me what Standard Roto 5x5 is compared to head to head which is all I know. This might help me provide better opinions. thanks
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Choose 7!

5x5 are the main categories when in a baseball pool. These categories were standard back in the day.

H, R, HR, RBI, AVG for offense
    W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K\'s for defense

In Roto leagues, scores are determined based on how well you do in each category, compared to the other teams in your league.

For examples sake, let\'s say you and I are in a 10 team Roto league. You are ranked first in all offensive categories, while I\'m ranked in dead last. However, I am ranked 1st in all pitching categories, while you\'re ranked 5th. A number is given to you based on each categories ranking. You will receive 10 points for each offensive category, while I receive 1. In pitching, I will receive 10 points (since I\'m in 1st), while you receive (5 points).

Scores are added up across the board to give you a cumulative total. In your case, you receive 50 points for offense, and 25 points for pitching.

I get 5 points for offense, and 50 points for pitching.

Final total would give you 75 points out of a total 100 (since there are 10 teams in our league), while I will receive 55 points.

Hope that made sense.
    Keeper League:

Default Choose 7!

Thanks DJKiang....+1karma for you!
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Choose 7!

C McCann
    1B Teixeria
    2B Utley
    SS/OF/2B Alexei Ramirez
    3B Longoria
    3B Wright

OF McLouth
    SP Kazmir
    SP Haren
    SP Billingsley
    RP Lidge
    RP Nathan

McCann - You get peace of mind from the C-slot. no brainer. won\'t get swept in the Waiting-For-Weiters game, won\'t have to play a platoon of R.Hernandez, one of the flying Molina brothers, and whoever else gets DL\'d..

remember, it\'s McCann and not McCan\'t.

Teix\' - Dude is playing in AsteROiDs shadow this season. That\'s a whoooooooooooooole \'lotta pressure off his shoulders that he doesn\'t have to focus on his own game. Walks, Talks about Donny Baseball in a positive way, and carry\'s a big stick - no brainer.

Utley - nasty. no brainer, easy selection - even if you choose to trade him in a package post drafttime, you\'ll get gold back and not glitter covered bs.

Alexei - bc sexy ss picks are shallow(er), and a potential 95 runs, 20+ dingers, 90 ribbies, and at least a dozen sB\'s (and close enough to .300 but maybe not there) - in a keeper system i\'m a----ok with him on my team!

Longoria - worst case scenario, he hits a sophmore skid and comes back to you for his \"HOLY sH************T Longoria\'s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack\" in his 3rd year. best case scenario - he wakes up, laughs at the sophmore-slump jokes and crushes it and crushes it good.

Wright - I don\'t think i\'ll ever even try to write something to defend him being your keeper. Keep him for being a nice guy. oh, and his stats too..

Danny Haren - Everyone creams over Webb. Everyone (minus a few more people) cream over Beckettt, Dice-K, AJ, Kazmir, well.. whoever for that matter. You look up his numbers and by the time the webbs, camel hamels\'s, cc\'s, peavy\'s, tiny-tim lincecums and (insert trendy pitcher here) are drafted you have slightly less ( less than 10, 15?) K\'s, slightly barely higher era (or lower actually than many of those guys), and maybe a win or two less. Wow CobraTron that sounds like a Cy-Young type of guy that won\'t win the cy-young but just might win me some categories in fantasy baseball. Yessir.

You don\'t need to overspend/keep/focus on saves.
    You don\'t need to overspend/reach on Chad Bills\' if you don\'t trust his health situation.

You don\'t need to overspend on Kazmir when his numbers won\'t be as good as Harens in all probable reality checks.