Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade offer for H. Ramirez

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade offer for H. Ramirez

It\'s really up to you how you want to approach your team. Not sure what place you were in last year, but based on the team, I\'d take a wild stab and say you were 10-14. I think you still have a really young team, and would opt to trade some of my speed for some power. You have more than enough speed you could trade away like Tavares, or Ellsbury if you want a young power hitter in return.

If you make that trade you do get some key pieces in return, but you won\'t be in the playoffs for another few years.

What does this team you\'re trading with look like? List his players if you can.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Newbie

I took this team over from someone who left the league. It actually came in 5th last year. This being my first fantasy baseball league ever, I was thinking of just standing pat until I became more comfortable with the players.
    I don\'t mind not making the playoffs this year.
    Also, the only notable 1B available to me in the draft are Delgado, Cantu, Giambi, Jacobs, Laroche, Blake, and Kotchman.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

khanadian wrote:
    J Status wrote:
    Wow Lester, I love the comparison you put there. I think it is pretty dead on. Fielder is definately a Lecavalier at this point (except for the age thing with fielder being the young one)
    P.S. I think this brilliant comparison deserves a little bit of Karma :laugh: :P
    Done lol
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

jdoherty1024 wrote:
    I took this team over from someone who left the league. It actually came in 5th last year. This being my first fantasy baseball league ever, I was thinking of just standing pat until I became more comfortable with the players.
    I don\'t mind not making the playoffs this year.
    Also, the only notable 1B available to me in the draft are Delgado, Cantu, Giambi, Jacobs, Laroche, Blake, and Kotchman.
    Well Kotchman was in the original offer so he isn\'t available either.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Recruit

How about this:
    H. Ramirez and C. Gomez
    for
    Fielder, Young, Snider, Fowler, and Triunfel

Hmmm I t hink this is a great deal for you. You would have the current and you could get the future SS at Texas in Andrus so little risk is there and then you would get an elite 1B which you need bad. Snider is a superstud and performing well this spring and Fowler is a top 20 prospect by most accounts in the outfield. Finally, you get a young elite prospect in Triunfel who is just more insurance should Andrus fail.

If you can get Andrus, I\'d do it.

You need the power and not the speed as they said but Andrus could save you some of that. Seems to make sense. I guess your trade partner needs the speed because he\'s really paying for it.