Fielder, M. Young, Fowler, Stanton, Triunfel, C. Marrero, and Kotchman

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade offer for H. Ramirez

I would say a fair offer would be something more along the lines of:

H. Ramirez and C. Gomez

for

P. Fielder, M. Young, D. Fowler, plus another elite prospect

Just for arguments sake, say Gomez & Fowler cancel each other out... That leaves Fielder & Young, plus a stud prospect for Han-Ram which to me is fair.

Put it in hockey terms ... Han-Ram is Crosby & Pujols is Ovechkin. That\'s the type\'s of packages you\'d be looking for for those guys. Fielder would be a Lecavalier type of player. Sorry, just trying to relate it back to what I know you\'re used to, lol!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow Lester, I love the comparison you put there. I think it is pretty dead on. Fielder is definately a Lecavalier at this point (except for the age thing with fielder being the young one)
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for giving me hockey examples, it helps out.

How about this:
    H. Ramirez and C. Gomez
    for
    Fielder, Young, Snider, Fowler, and Triunfel

Dobber Sports Rookie

How deep is your league? Just like hockey, think about who the team you\'re trading with might pick up to replace all those players. I don\'t like this deal for you, unless you\'re in total rebuilding mode, and in a league over 16 teams.

I\'m not convinced Fowler gets an everyday gig, and Truinfel is only 19, and with Betancourt and Lopez playing full time, both players will potentially be taking bench spots, not playing at all.

Ramirez in my mind wouldn\'t be equal to Lecavailer. Think along the lines of Mike Green, who can do it all at a premium position. With a great +/-, and PIM. Or like Zdeno Chara back in the day with Paul Coffey type skills
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No Prince was Lecavalier and Ramirez was Crosby he said.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Rookie

My bad!
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

jdoherty1024 wrote:

How about this:
    H. Ramirez and C. Gomez
    for
    Something like that with or without Trunifel I personally think would be pretty fair. Snider is exactly the type of prospect you\'d want in this deal!

J Status wrote:
    Wow Lester, I love the comparison you put there. I think it is pretty dead on. Fielder is definately a Lecavalier at this point (except for the age thing with fielder being the young one)
    P.S. I think this brilliant comparison deserves a little bit of Karma :laugh: :P

Dobber Sports Sophomore

jdoherty1024 wrote:

How about this:
    H. Ramirez and C. Gomez
    for
    If this is for a keeper league, I would do this unless you have a comparable player to Fielder at 1B. In other words, if Fielder fills a hole then I make this deal.

I am confident that at least one of Fowler or Snider becomes a fantasy stud in a couple of years

Dobber Sports Newbie

Its a 14 team keeper league and I do not have a 1st baseman right now. Our draft is coming up in March.

Dobber Sports Rookie

What does your lineup currently look like??

How many players are you allowed to protect at the end of the year?
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Newbie

C Joe Mauer
    1B --empty--
    2B Ian Kinsler
    3B Aramis Ramírez
    SS Hanley Ramírez
    IF Mike Aviles
    LF Xavier Nady
    CF Willy Taveras
    RF Jacoby Ellsbury
    OF Eric Byrnes
    Util David Murphy
    SP Zack Greinke
    RP Jonathan Papelbon
    RP Brad Lidge
    P Matt Capps
    P Matt Cain
    P Ricky Nolasco
    BN Scott Olsen
    BN Billy Wagner

Dobber Sports Rookie

How many players are you able to protectt? Based on what I see, your team has some serious speed, but lacks power hitters.
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry, forgot to mention that. We keep 17 including 10 in the farm.