Thread: Zimmerman, C.Davis and Atkins?

dre857

Default Zimmerman, C.Davis and Atkins?

What rounds should these 3 THIRD Basemen be drafted in a 12 team H2H 5 player Keeper League???

I plan on passing on Youklis in the 6th round and I\'m trying to decide when I should try to land one of the other 3 later in the draft.

KARMA will be rewarded for best responses...thanks!

Dobber Sports Rookie

In all honesty, I would think all 3 would get drafted by round 7, although wouldn\'t be surprised to see Zimmerman fall a little later. If Youkilis is available at Round 6, I\'d draft him with confidence and expect at least 25/100.

I\'ve seen Davis and Atkins average draft positions more or less at around round 7. Zimmerman I\'ve seen go as early as round 7, and as late as round 12.

If I had the choice, I\'d go with Youkilis, who should return round 3, round 4 value.

If you really want to wait a few rounds later, you should back yourself up with a few more choices, as Davis and Atkins will likely go at round 7.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

dre857

There is alot of great talent for the 2nd pick of the 6th round (read choices below in signature). And knowing most of my fellow managers, I\'m almost positive I\'ll be able to get ANY of the 3 (Zimmerman, Davis and maybe Atkins) after the 7th round...I guess I was thinking they may drop further as 8/12 managers would already have 3B.

In a previous post...almost everyone that responded thought I should PASS on Youkilis in favor of Berkman, Phillips, B.Upton or McCann with my firt pick in the 6th round.

Correction: Its not a H2H, its a custom Roto League

Thanks Again....

dre857

Keep in mind that I may be looking for possible KEEPER replacements for C.Hart or A.Soriano AFTER this year....

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ok, Hold up - Berkman isn\'t being kept?!?!? What the?!?!

Drafting Berkman will be your first priority...If Berkman\'s taken, Upton next.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d likely draft Upton first over Berk - age is a factor here for me. Esp. if your looking for a keepe replacecment. Upton was dominating in the playorrs.

As for the 3B... you know your league members better than the rest of us here (unless they are in your pool :P Keep in mind, that althought you only dress 1 - 3B, Atkins and Davis both have dual position availability; making them more valuable. With only 3 OF positions, OF\'ers will be the fav. to put in the UTL spot, however 1B\'er and 3B\'er are also favs there too.

The point being, that you might not want to wait as long as you \'think you could\'. Draft them accordingly based on players available and their respective tallent levels.

Good Luck

Dobber Sports Rookie

His 5 keepers are Reyes, Fielder, Soriano, Hamel, and Hart. If you have the opportunity to draft Berkman, you can keep him next year, and have 2 potential 1st rounders in Reyes & Berkman, with Fielder and Soriano not to far behind. Berkman has shown he has a few more years in him with his 18 steals out of nowhere last year.

By the time Berkman is on the decline, you\'d probably be able to find another great keeper to replace him.
    Keeper League:

dre857

The old \'Berkman vs. B.Upton vs. Youkilis vs. B.McCann\' debate....I\'m still SCATTER-BRAINED on who to pick???

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you want to win now, you pick Berkman, and hold off on drafting the 3B if you\'re confident they\'ll fall after the 7th round.

Allowing another team to pick Berkman will give that team a chance to win for the next couple years (if they have solid keepers)

It\'s up to you how you want to approach it, and realize it\'s difficult seeing there\'s only 2 different responses.

Ask you what would you rather have:

Player A - 9 HR, 67 RBI, 24 steals, .273 avg
    Player B - 29 HR, 106 RBI, 18 steals, .312 avg
    Keeper League:

dre857

Great response dj!!! Karma for you and Porter...

But I really don\'t think we can count on Berkman for 18 SB\'s again this year...and even though I have small doubts about Upton, I feel he should be good for atleast 20 HRs this year.

This is going to HAUNT me from now until the end of the season...hopefully I make the right decision!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Although Berkman\'s 18 SB came out of nowhere, you have Jose Reyes who will win you that SB category all by himself. Couple that with Corey Hart 20+ SB, and Soriano\'s 15+, you\'re a virtual lock to win that category.

The difference you will have to make up in HR if you lack it would be a lot harder to make up by not drafting Berkman.

Again playing devil\'s advocate, so take it for what it\'s worth!
    Keeper League: