Thread: Keeper List

Default Keeper List

Hey\'all. I would appreciate your input to help complete my shortlist. Here is my 15 keeper protected list (9 teams - 25 players):

1. Braun
    2. Crawford
    3. Howard
    4. C. Pena
    5. Pujols
    6. M. Ramirex
    7. Tulowitzki
    8. Pence
    9. Bedard
    10. Broxton
    11. Oswalt
    12. Qualls
    13. F. Rodriguez
    14. Valverde
    15. Verlander

Here is a list of people that I just don\'t know if I should protect or will not protect. Someone above would obviously have to get bumped off the list:

Figgins
    Blanton
    C. Buchholz
    Duchscherer
    McGowan
    Pierre
    Hafner
    R. Soriano

Hitting categories:

H/AB, R, H, HR, RBI, SB, CS, BB, AVG

Pitching categories:

IP, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, BSV

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper List

The only things that stand out for me are Figgins for 3B. Clay Bucholz and Duscherer.

Buckholz likely has too much competition in boston this year so safe drop I guess. Duscherer had top 3 whip and ERA last year with over 90INN pitched. before getting hurt. He seems healthy. I\'d considered squeezing him in there with figgins...replaceables maybe? Qualls,Pena since u have pujols and M. Ramirex? ramirez? haha ok broxton maybe...hasn\'t proven much yet and closers are overrated in my league anyway.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper List

Definitely would drop Qualls for Figgins. I\'m a big fan of Dustin McGowan as well, but he\'s starting the year injured (until May I believe) so you could re-draft him if you wanted to.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper List

Soriano should be in there.

Default Keeper List

djkiang wrote:
    Definitely would drop Qualls for Figgins. I\'m a big fan of Dustin McGowan as well, but he\'s starting the year injured (until May I believe) so you could re-draft him if you wanted to.
    I\'ll second these sentiments...

Default Keeper List

I like Figgins in there somewhere too... I wouldn\'t argue with Qualls being dropped.

Default Keeper List

Thanks guys. I am realizing now that Qualls is expendable and if I really want him i can draft him later. Or, even better, get a more promising reliever.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper List

Relievers are a dime a dozen. Harder to replace a starter with some serious speed.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default Keeper List

Update:

The list now looks like this:

1. Braun
    2. Crawford
    3. Howard
    4. C. Pena
    5. Pujols
    6. M. Ramirez
    7. Tulowitzki
    8. Pence
    9. Bedard
    10. Broxton
    11. Oswalt
    12. Figgins
    13. F. Rodriguez
    14. Valverde
    15. Verlander

I just acquired J. Shields for a 3rd round pick (after our 15 players have been protected so I think that\'s pretty good). That means someone from the 15 has to go. Would Pena be a good drop? I have Pujols and Howard already and we only have 1 utility spot. Pena would ride pine all year. I am trying to trade him for any type of pick as well.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper List

Why not try and package Pena with one of your pitchers to get an upgrade?

Pena/F-Rod for a premium SS or 2B?
    Keeper League:

Default Keeper List

That\'s a good idea thanks. I have to submit my protected list tomorrow at midnight.

Default Keeper List

2legit2quit wrote:
    That\'s a good idea thanks. I have to submit my protected list tomorrow at midnight.
    IF you are unable to make a trade (good suggestion as you have a few top quality RPs - love Broxton this year BTW) I\'d agree that Pena would be the odd man out based on Position depth. You should be able to pick up a decent #3 option for 1B in the draft somewhere.

Good Luck

Default Keeper List

It seems I can\'t unload Pena on anyone (1b are a dime a dozen I guess) but I have someone interested in F.Rod. I could probably land Rollins from him. How does that sound to anyone?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper List

Even better for you if you don\'t have to give up Pena!
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper List

agreed on the Pena relief factor...

the guy has been a bomber for the past two seasons - last season he had the preseason hype hurt him with his dismal 1st half performance, but for the 40% of people that dropped him and lost out on his 2nd half \"fantasy playoffs - heeere i come!\" performance he was money in the bank. i had in 3 out of 4 leagues last season witness Pena being dropped and sit on the waiver wire for days (and a few weeks for one of them) only to get swooped up once people saw that Tampa was for real last season - (sorta similar to how the Rockies players were goldmines two years ago post ASB)

pena seems at times like a guy that you want to handcuff with another bottom-of-the-draft 1b kid/vet in case he doesn\'t hammer the homers - but then put right back in the second he\'s back on the quality stats he can provide. (and by no means am i trying to overhype him in any way, just saying that i\'d rather have him on my team than a guy like Chone due to his Tampa lineup and scoring/rbi potential compared to the halo\'s)