Thread: how does this team look!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default how does this team look!

hey i am new to the whole fantasy baseball leagues. i though i would give yahoo league a try. how does this team look to you guys and u can say whatever u want about it.

the stats for hitters are H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG and the stats for pitchers are IP W SV K ERA WHIP.
    Here are my hitters

Russell Martin(C) Jason Vartiek(C) Derek Lee(1B) Paul Konerko(1B) Mark DeRosa(2B,3B,OF) Mark Reynolds(3B) Jhonny Peralta(SS) Carlos Beltran(OF) Manny Ramirez(OF) Hideki Matsui(OF) David Ortiz(Util) Jose Lopez(1B,2B) Ken Griffey JR(OF) and Nomar Garciaparra(1B,3B,SS)

Pitchers are

Daisuke Matsuzaka(SP) Ryan Dempster(SP) Ben Sheets(SP) Oilver Perez(SP) Franciso Rodriguez(RP) Franciso Cordero(RP) and Troy Percival.

Also have this trade offer from a guy asking for Franciso Rodriguez(RP) for Edinson Volquez.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Martin Awesome.
    Derek Lee Good.
    Derosa eligibility awesome
    Peralta descent enough.
    Beltran great.
    Manny Great.
    Matsui replaceable.
    Ortiz good.
    Griffey descent for 1 more.
    nomar washed up. drop him.

Dice excellent
    dempster good enough
    sheets injured not looking good.
    perez good year ahead.
    fran rod top 2.
    fran Cor replaceable.
    Percival drop.

Volquez SHOULD be a monster this year...in my league I would do it. CLosers don\'t get enough respect.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Rookie

Obviously there will be a learning curve when starting a new fantasy sport.

I would deem your lineup as high risk, high reward. You have a few guys that had off years, but could rebound back with nice years in Konerko, Matsui & Ortiz. Your lineup is also a big injury risk.

I\'m not a big fan of Varitek, but as a second catcher, should be serviceable. Much rather have guys like Napoli or Iannetta who MIGHT be available on your WW, although I doubt it in a 2C league. Guys like Clement, Sandoval, Ramon Hernandez, Jesus Flores might though, and would replace Varitek with either.

Griffey might be serviceable as a 4th OF, but again with a gig that\'s not guaranteed Full Time, would look at the WW for guys with gigs.

Your MI looks decent with Peralta and DeRosa.

Nomar is a huge question mark, and would probably not draft if in a standard 12 team league.

Your pitching will need some work. Matsuzaka & Perez are giant WHIP killers, but will provide you with plentiful of K\'s. Sheets is a huge injury risk, and I believe currently injured if not mistaken.

I never draft high profile closers, so if you could get a decent deal for Rodriguez, I would do it. Volquez is not fair return. The other owner probably knows you\'re new to fantasy baseball and trying to take advantage. You want a top tier SP for Rodriguez. You know what you\'re getting with Cordero, but with the signing of Isringhausen to TB, and Percival\'s age and injury risk, I\'d probably look to deal Percival. Stay on top of things. Closers are always introduced during the year.

All in all, if you\'re in a H2H lineup with unlimited transactions, I\'d probably go the streaming route (pick up a player for the day, use him, then drop him for another player for a day)

Hope this helps.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Well Nomar is questionable, he hasn\'t been viable in many years and I dont think he is signed and may retire.

Got some nice power in Ortiz, Manny, Martin and possibly Griffey. Nice pitching, but Dice-K scares me b/c he is in the WBC, and I\'m a Red Sox fan, so I\'m not happy about that. Perez is a risk but the reward could be nice if he returns to form. Not bad.