Thread: Keep Who? Vmart/Pence

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keep Who? Vmart/Pence

Hey Guys,
    I am in a 12 team keeper league...

We each keep 6 players.

My top 5 keepers are: Utley, Mig. Cabrera, Longoria, BJ Upton, and Webb.

I dont know if I should keep Vmart or Pence as my 6th keeper.

The hitting categories are:
    H/AB, R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, and AVG

I also have the first overall pick (starting in the seventh round) and Brian Roberts, Curtis Granderson, and Brian McCann are all available (and are my top choices).

I mention the first pick consideration b/c if I keep Pence, I could take McCann with the first pick, or if i keep Vmart, I could take Granderson...etc...

Please help!

THanks!

Dobber Sports Rookie

If I had the choice of who to keep between the two, Pence is who I\'d keep. Even though his SB rate is terrible, it does not look like you get docked with a CS category. He\'s a 5 tool player that\'s still relatively undervalued.

I would then look to draft Roberts, Granderson and McCann in that order for some much needed speed. I assume you\'d be able to slide Roberts into your UTIL or MI position. If this isn\'t the case, you could still draft him and try and trade him.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looking strategy wise...

With #1 pick it makes it easier to plan (dont need a SP/RP yet). Already have Utley (dont need Roberts).

So who would you rather have VMart/Granderson OR Pence/McCann.

I\'d prefer VMart/Granderson - I like VMart with a bounce back at C, cant hurt to have INF/1B elig. with him as well. IF McCann or another good C falls late in the draft (Iannetta) then you have some flexibility there.

That is what sticks out at me, but looks like you have a lot of options, all good in their own way.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Porter wrote:
    Looking strategy wise...

With #1 pick it makes it easier to plan (dont need a SP/RP yet). Already have Utley (dont need Roberts).

So who would you rather have VMart/Granderson OR Pence/McCann.

I\'d prefer VMart/Granderson - I like VMart with a bounce back at C
    This is exactly what I was going to type!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Granderson/Vmart

no question

Dobber Sports Recruit

JoBU!
    (great movie reference)

First thing\'s first...
    You have a sick foundation of keepers so far.

That\'s just nasty, for now and the future.

Compliments aside, let\'s move onto the next part of our conversation and try to get to know our team/strategy a little better...

I like the fact that you have multi-cat guys on your squad thus far. I like that strategy and i like it alot. alot alot.

Miggy (1b/3b)
    V-Mart (1b/c)

You have some decent overlap there - and I\'d recommend going with a further overlap and grab Bri-Rob.

Bri-Rob? Why wouldn\'t you take Granderson?!

Granderson, is an OF.
    OF\'ers are plentiful.

Production, legit \"I\'m going to dominate a h2h matchup\" production is an important element to consider as you nearly play a season at a time, a week at a time.

If utley is even slightly dinged up, you\'ll be begging to get a quality replacement 2bagger.

If you draft Bri-Rob to complement Utley - you not only have the sickest 2b combo in your league (i\'d bet), but you also have quite the carrot to dangle in a trade if you choose to trade either guy at any point in the season.

Complements aside, 2 2b\'s aside... I would also consider the following:

Granderson had his issues with lefties. He used to get straight-up benched/sat against them, but last year (slightly) improved enough that he\'d get to hack away or try to learn against them. If you honestly trust that he\'s improving that much more - then i stand corrected based on your hope/gamble. Otherwise, i\'d wait it out on him - he\'s a marquee name from a non-marquee position; and I\'d rather have the guy on 2b that\'ll give you incredibly respectable numbers instead.

keep us posted,
    cheers