Thread: keepers AL only

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default keepers AL only

I am in a 10 team - AL only - 4x4 league and I want to know who I should keep. I have Jason Bay, Alex Rios, Johnny Peralta, Jonny Damon, Chone Figgons, Felix Hernandez, Josh Beckett and Cliff Lee. Which 4 should I keep. Remember runs and Ks mean nothing.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default keepers AL only

Bay, Peralta, Felix, Cliff Lee

Never played in a 4x4 league, but I would think Figgins would be pretty useless, since he has no power, and is not a legit .300 hitter.

As for keeping Cliff Lee, it\'s a wash between him and Beckett, but I don\'t trust Beckett.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default keepers AL only

I think Bay, Peralta and Rios are clear choices.

Without runs, Damon and Figgins are to devalued.

That leaves Lee, Beckett and Felix.

WIthout K\'s, I think the choice has to be Lee.

Sum up 4 keepers:

Bay
    Peralta
    Rios
    C. Lee

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default keepers AL only

Welcome to the forums Boar.

Here\'s 25c worth of advice from me to you (hope it helps your thought process along)...

1. Figgins is arguably a single (or double max) category player. bye bye figgins.

2. Bay will be playing his a-off with contract hopes and potential free-agency looming for him. Do well in Boston - and make some Do-Well-In-Boston money. Do well in Boston - and get overpayed by another team... Does it matter where he goes for you this season? nope. He\'ll play for it... Keeper #1.

3. Alex Rios. Tall, Over/Underhyped - but he\'s hyped, so that\'s great! Improved last season, should improve more this season. Keeper #2.

3. Jhohnhny Pherhalhta - too many H\'s, too many days where he\'s off. When he\'s \"on\", whatch out, but it\'s feast or famine with him. You dont NEED to keep him.

4. Johnny Damon - Older, yet still decent, could be a semi-bounceback season with Teix\' on board and the offense hopefully waking up, but... with Derek Jeter hitting into 19,000 double plays on his way to yankee immortality in the new stadium - bye bye Johnny!

5. Felix. King Felix. Throws fire, young(er) and improving, could be a pleasant value to trade and build on. (see point 9)

6. Josh Even/Odd-Years Beckett - go on, check out his stats, 2009 seems to be an odd year, and his odd stats seem oddly better in that odd way. he plays on boston, he\'s got a solid offense to work with and plenty of bullpen help, hmm.. (see point 9.)

7. Cliff \"Nice Year last year\" Lee - He had a nice year last year. Expect him to repeat? (oh, you\'re asking me? I vote \"no\&quot

8. See point 9.

9. I\'d go with J.Odd-Year.Beckett over Felix for the wins, for the team he\'s with, and for the odd trend he exhibits over his career. Felix might have better trade value in a keeper system, but you\'ll be more competitive sooner with Josh \"I was drafted one spot after Josh Hamilton\" Beckett.

1,2,3,4... and go!

Bay.
    Beckett.
    Rios.
    -Felix, but trade him when you get a chance...

cheers - keep us posted