Thread: Keepers Selected!!!! Drafting Strategy???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keepers Selected!!!! Drafting Strategy???

My league allows for each team to keep 10 keepers, and I feel that I have legitimate talent in all position (Soto and Longoria were mid-round picks who really paid off last year). But I am not sure what approach, or which area I should focus on going into the draft. I\'m drafting 5th overall, and will have a good chance at grabbing someone who will be a deciding factor.
    At first glance, my pitching needs to be upgraded, but I would like to hear some of your suggestions

My team info located in my signature.

Dobber Sports Rookie

What kind of bats and what kind of pitchers are available to be drafted?

At first glance, your team still lacks power, and would probably look to draft offense first, unless there\'s a no-brainer pitcher available.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you have a nice balance. To what DJK said, I think you do have enough power as the only guys not bring power are Ellisbury and Reyes. Get some pitching!
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Assuming Fielder bounces back to a 40-50 HR guy I think your not superior in HR production, but not bad either. With Reyes and Ellsbury you have a few burners which are always nice to have. I love the overall youth of your team here. Billingsley is a great start to SP as is Papelbon at RP. With Billingsley breaking his leg during the offseason I\'d be sure to have a \"1a\" SP (or as close as I could get) with either pick 1 or 2. There will also be a closer run soon so if there happens to be a \'guarantee\' type closer around ala lidge / BJ Ryan / Rivera etc I might be tempted in one of round 1 or 2 as well.

Pitching would be my focus, UNLESS there is a disparity between offensive tallent and pitching in the draft where a Best player available could be in order then traget Pitching through trades.

Love the offense you have.... Solid 10 keepers....

Good Luck