Thread: help with trades

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default help with trades

I\'m looking at just upgrading or getting younger...I have picks to spare to throw in deals.

here is what I need help with.

My Paplebon vs Fran Rod...is it worth the upgrade? mets vs redsox etc...

My Manny Ramirez vs Ellisbury or Kemp or Cliff Lee?

Also considering my Harang vs Cliff Lee...picks involved obviously...but Harang was a beast and lost 25 pounds now...so could come back to form. hitters park though.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Default help with trades

This should be in the trading forum!

I dont see Papelbon for FRod as an upgrade for you here... Anaheim (as an article on this site suggested) was a clear leader in giving their closers opportunity for saves. NYM won\'t offer FRod as many - I\'d choose Paps heads up here.

If I could do a Manny - Kemp deal that would be interesting as Kemp is younger and has similar upside (less power/more steals) to what Manny does now. Cliff Lee - I\'d like to see him do it again this season before I put too much stock in last years performance. Ellsbury I\'d like to aquire, but only on the cheap as I am not convinced he will become elite. I\'d take Ells back for Manny if he didnt\' come along - worth the gamble to me age wise as long as I had a need for Steals or power to spare!

Harang is something I\'d consider in a Lee deal - If Lee doesnt\' pan out, Harang is not irreplaceable. Again worth it, if the value is right. I\'m not a huge Harang fan nor a Lee fan so hard for me to judge that one.

Good Luck!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default help with trades

Wouldn\'t do that Pap deal. No way does F-Rod replicate his numbers last year. If you\'re looking to get younger, trade him for a stud offensive position.

I\'d also hold onto Manny. If you want to trade him, you want a couple top prospects in return. Otherwise enjoy Manny\'s huge numbers for another year.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default help with trades

Porter...its related to trading AND keeper chosing. Don\'t know how to move it.

Ok, forget paps for FRod.

Harang and Manny are the only concerns now. I\'ve always been a fan of harang, HUGE K\'s and INN\'s. But quite a few people aren\'t a fan...doesn\'t help trade value.

Manny for kemp or ellisbury? I might just hold Manny and trade him during season when I can get more for him...more depth. right now at max for keepers.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Default help with trades

ddpdaver wrote:
    Porter...its related to trading AND keeper chosing. Don\'t know how to move it.

Ok, forget paps for FRod.

Harang and Manny are the only concerns now. I\'ve always been a fan of harang, HUGE K\'s and INN\'s. But quite a few people aren\'t a fan...doesn\'t help trade value.

Manny for kemp or ellisbury? I might just hold Manny and trade him during season when I can get more for him...more depth. right now at max for keepers.
    No, you can\'t move it... the mod\'s likely will... no problem! This forum is for announcing MLB trading, rumours etc...while there is a Fantasy Trading forum for these types of posts....I\'m just sayin\'

Kemp provides a nice balance of SB\'s and HR\'s and will continue to improve his #\'s with experience. Ells... is still a ? mark for me personally.

Sounds like a good idea with Manny - so you can get more of a 2-1 deal maybe Kemp+ or something depending on team needs. Unless you are allowed to trade draft picks, which could be another option.

You likely would not get great value from me for Harang as I would likely undervalue him so you can put me in that camp. Test the market with Harang by making it known that he could be had... guage interest in see what his value is according to the other managers. If values dont match, keep him and enjoy those K\'s and Innings.