Thread: I don\'t think I can do this trade, would you?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default I don\'t think I can do this trade, would you?

Keeper league, this is our 15th year.

5 Keepers: 1IF, 1OF, 1SP, 1RP 1xtr (any position)

My keepers are

IF: Longoria (11)
    OF: J Upton (6)
    SP: Floyd (6) ?
    RP: Joba (17) (qualifies there, can not keep as starter)
    Xtr: Prince Fielder (23)

Offer:
    Hawpe, Lidge, Webb
    for
    Longoria

We do auction style: Longoria will be 11, Web is 35 and Lidge is 10. I dont think I could do it, although my RP/SP problems would be solved. I think Longoria is the real deal and of course Webb already is.

Thoughts?

Our salary cap is 260 - 12 Position players, 5 starters, 5 relievers (bench is after the auction)

Dobber Sports Rookie

I\'m not sure why Floyd is your 5th keeper, unless he really is the 5th best option you have, but I wouldn\'t do this deal. It\'s always easier to replace pitching - power is a lot harder to replace.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah I\'d have to agree with DJK here.
    Webb is money but Longoria is the next Afraud.
    he plays everyday, WEbb plays for you ever 5th day.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Recruit

my other options are:

Moyer, Baker, Blanton, Myers and Gallardo (Myers and Gallardo are too much). So either no keeper of Floyd, who did get a lot of wins.

As much as I liek Webb as a Sp (I think he\'s the #2 option to Johan) if not the #1 option.

I\'d have to go wtih the cheaper Longoria here too. He\'s a great price at 11, and will combine with Fielder and JUpton to be a solid core of SP at a relatively cheap prices.

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you have your choice of who to keep, you definitely keep Gallardo over Floyd.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Would you keep Gallardo at 23 where Web is at 35? Way to much to me. Floyd is only 6.

Dobber Sports Rookie

That puts things in a different perspective. Floyd at $6 still seems to expensive to me.

Gallardo could possibly return $23, but don\'t think I\'d hold on to him at that price.

Maybe you don\'t hold onto Floyd, and hold on to another positional player instead?
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Recruit

well i\'ve been thinking not keeping one, the ones i have are not worth the price.

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you have to keep 1, keep Floyd, and desperately try to trade him. His peripheral numbers look pretty good, but his xERA, hit rate and tendency to give up the long ball suggests that he was a little lucky, and should have had an xERA around the 4.50 range.
    Keeper League:

gregmandile wrote:
    my other options are:

Moyer, Baker, Blanton, Myers and Gallardo (Myers and Gallardo are too much). So either no keeper of Floyd, who did get a lot of wins.
    If there is no advantage to having \'no keeper\' - Floyd looks to be your best opton. Definately somethinng you\'d want to address going forward through trade or Auction.

*what happens if you don\'t keep a SP?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Well, I took care of it with a trade.

I traded Justin Masterson, who I wasn\'t keeping and traded him for Matt Garza at $6.

Not a bad move - I like Garza at $6 - a little more upside than Floyd.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Garza trade was a great move for you and should return more than $6 for you.
    Keeper League: