Thread: Long Term Prospect/keeper trade... - reality check

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Long Term Prospect/keeper trade... - reality check

Danks (sp) is on the market - personally I like his upside and the team he plays for is always in contention. Should get a good amount of W\'s while the WHIP and K\'s also wont hurt you. He had quite a bit of fanfair coming up in the TEX system as (potentially the best) part of thde \"DVD\" trio.

I currently am unwilling to part with any of my top prospects (Kershaw, Price, Snider, Heyward, Smoak) for him.

Should I reconsider - so far Butler/Crow/Matusz/Cardenas/Montero aren\'t getting it done?

If so - which of those 5 would you be willing to part with?

My staff heading into auction: Sabathia, Billingsley, Price,Kershaw // Papelbon, Devine, Qualls, Zumaya ...

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Some of the leagues you guys in are hardcore with some of the prospects already listed as being able to keep already..

Danks would make a nice edition as I think relying on Price as your #3 guy is a bit of a risk (albeit a small one). I wouldn\'t part with any of your Kershaw, Price & Snider for him either, but any of those 5 you listed I\'d deal. Unless Butler is Billy Butler.

I think you have more than enough young talent in Kershaw & Price to anchor your staff in 5 years, and I\'m sure you\'d have some veterans as well that will help your team, making the rest of the guys you listed expendable.

Again, it depends on how heavily weighted rookies are in your league, which I\'m assuming rookies are all the rage, so maybe you could do a 2-2 deal.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

I\'ve tried to deal with draft picks(usually rookies) as we are an auction draft which fills out roster with \'rookies\' or undrafted players.

There was no interest there.

It is auction, guys like Kazmir, Lackey and a few others are available for bid but not sure if I can commit that much salary to them (hoping for a cheaper and effective Danks option).

Good to hear I\'m not the only one who would not deal any of Snider/Price/Keshaw for him...

This pool is quite deep and makes me think more than most... a lot of fun. Nothing quite like scouting nearby tee-ball for the \"next great SS\"!

Being in at least one \'deep\' pool helps to prepare for the more shallow ones for sure!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Most definitely. I think Lackey would be a great anchor, but you probably would have to bet the farm to claim him. I like your thinking of a cheaper Danks option as their numbers if not mistaken were quite similar.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn\'t move Billy Butler for Danks either myself. He is so young and has a lot of growing left to come.

Are you saying you offered all those guys with Butler to try to get him? Butler/Crow/Matusz/Cardenas/Montero for Danks?
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

J Status wrote:
    Are you saying you offered all those guys with Butler to try to get him? Butler/Crow/Matusz/Cardenas/Montero for Danks?
    I brought them up as \'moveable\' in a deal for Danks to add to my SP\'s. He wasn\'t interested in any of them in a deal for Danks...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ahhh ok. Makes more sense. I wouldn\'t stress about getting Danks if it means giving up a couple of those elite prospects. There will be other starters coming out of the woodwork like there are every year... even in deep leagues.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner