Thread: rank my pitchers

Default rank my pitchers

my two SP are Franisco Liriano, and Rich Harden
    Rp-Mariano rivera, and Franisco Cordero
    P-Brandon Morrow, Johnny Cueto, and Jared Weaver
    BN-John Maine, John Smoltz

i dont know how good these guys are. are they good enough to at least keep in the running of my yahoo roto league?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default rank my pitchers

How deep is your league? Short answer, it\'s all dependent on health, but I\'d say no. You really don\'t have an anchor you can rely on.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Default rank my pitchers

its a twelve team league, so do you think i should try and trade for a better Pitcher??

some of my guys that i could trade would be Granderson, Melvin Mora, and Mark Derosa.
    for those guys what type of pitcher do you think i should target??

my deepest postion on my team would be 3B

Default rank my pitchers

in case it helps here is my whole team:
    C-Martin*, Pierzynski
    1B- A Gonzalez*, Loney
    2B-Derosa*
    3B-Wright* Aramis Ramirez,Mora
    SS- JJ Hardy*
    OF-Granderson*, Hunter*, J Damon*
    U- Aramis Ramirez*

* means starter

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default rank my pitchers

You\'re definitely deep at 3B, so you could try trading Mora or perhaps Aramis Ramirez. Other option is to try and trade Johnny Damon or Torii Hunter for a solid starter like John Lackey. Aramis might be able to net you a Dan Haren type starter.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Super Moderator

Default rank my pitchers

djkiang wrote:
    You\'re definitely deep at 3B, so you could try trading Mora or perhaps Aramis Ramirez. Other option is to try and trade Johnny Damon or Torii Hunter for a solid starter like John Lackey. Aramis might be able to net you a Dan Haren type starter.
    Sounds good to me as that will really help your pitching out and give your lineup a very nice balance. I\'m sure there\'s somebody in your league looking to improve at 3B.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default rank my pitchers

djkiang wrote:
    3B is a definate deep spot. Arimas is the one I\'d trade as he\'d get similar value at SP - whereas Mora wouldn\'t net you anyone better than what you have.

As a Haren owner, I don\'t think Arimas is what I\'d look for for Haren... I would try to pawn him off as a #1 fantasy starter rather than a #2 starter (which is more Arimas-like) but it depends on how deep your player pool is, also how much your league alues pitching as a whole.

Test the market with Arimas and see if you come up smelling like roses!

I think you need a consistent #1 / #1b type SP as well...

Default rank my pitchers

ive been looking over FA and i noticed that Andy pettitte is avaiable, should i pick him up??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default rank my pitchers

I\'d monitor Pettitte as his numbers should\'ve been better last year, but as of now I\'d stand pat.
    Keeper League:

Default rank my pitchers

a owner in my league has Daisuk Matsuzaka on his block, he doesnt have a Catcher, and a deal i might send him (havnt yet) is mora, and A.J Pierszynski, for Matsuzaka.
    is this giving up too much or no?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default rank my pitchers

I\'d shop around and see if anyone else will bite on Mora, but if you have to settle, I\'d still do the Dice K. Finding a catcher to replace Pierzynski should be relatively easy - guys like Mike Napoli, Sandoval, Iannetta perhaps are on the WW whom I\'d replace for Pierzynski even if I don\'t pull a trade off
    Keeper League:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default rank my pitchers

Dice K. is a good addition if Mora / Pierzinski is the price. No reason I can think of to not pull the trigger.