Thread: Final 2 Keeper Spot s Question

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Final 2 Keeper Spot s Question

Hello everyone,

I play in a 12 team head to head league (7 games each week) using a fairly complicated formula for offense/defense and pitching to determine games. Our Keeper lists (19 players) are due Next Monday (2/23/09) and I am looking for a little advice for my final 2 keeper spots. Here are my known Keepers.
    1B - Mornerau
    2B - Pedroia
    3B - Wright
    SS - H. Ramirez
    C - Martin
    DH - Ortiz
    OF - M. Ramirez, Ludwick, V. Wells, C. Hart
    SP - Sabathia, Beckett, Matsusaka, Shields, Harden
    RP - Paplebon, Valverde

My Dilemma is that I have a fairly significant amount of talent left for my final 2 spots I am leaning towards 2 pitchers given the health concerns of Harden. I\'ve tried trades for draft picks with out luck. Here are the other players in consideration for my last 2 keepers.

Chris Young (OF), Ryan Doumit (C), Justin Verlander (SP), Eric Bedard (SP), John Danks (SP), BJ Ryan (RP)

My team won it all last year, so we have the last pick in each round of the draft. (16 more rounds after the keepers). With the fact that the Cubs just came out with Harden\'s Injury, I am leaning towards keeping both Bedard and Verlander. Also, is Chris Young a better long term keeper than C. Hart? Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Dobber Sports Recruit

macliii,

i personally like Hart over Krispy Young (Chris B Young). Hart has more consistency with doubles, homers, and even more SB\'s with a better average to go with it.

Young had quite a \"flash\" when he entered the league, but Hart went quietly into a better statistical place for fantasy purposes below the radar...

cheers

imported_shallowfrozenwater

i agree that you should keep Bedard and Verlander and i\'d keep Hart over Young.

that\'s more than a solid squad though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'m going to disagree a little... I think I like the potential of Danks over a possible resugence of Bedard, I\'d let him go.

Danks / Verlander ---- Hart over CBYoung

Super Moderator

I know where Porter is coming from with his Danks pick but I just see a great year for Bedard coming. Bedard/Verlander and Hart over Young for me as well.

G\'luck!
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I\'d honestly rather have Danks over Bedard who is a perennial DL spot, and Verlander, who just doesn\'t look right.

Danks, a former 1st round draft pick, significantly improved his numbers all across the board, and should continue that trend.

ERA was 3.32 last year, and should\'ve had an expected ERA of around 3.26.

I\'d personally keep Young and Danks over Verlander and Bedard.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec