Thread: I\'m new to fantasy baseball

Default I\'m new to fantasy baseball

is having A rod ranked 4th out of my 3B bad or would you say its alright. Its a roto league, list draft on yahoo. I have Wright, Migual Cabrera, Aramis Ramirez before him.

also is their any players that have dual eligibility that could have a good year that might be in FA after the draft or i could try and get in later rounds?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Most leagues have 20 game requirement from 2008 for a position. Cabrera had 14 games at 3b in \'08, I believe. Are you sure he qualifies at 3B?

If so, it is not far fetched to have Cabrera rated ahead of A-Rod especially with the steroid issue hanging. I still would give the slight nod to A-rod, however.

I would definetly NOT have A. Ramirez ranked ahead of A-rod

All things being said, I would rank those 4 as follows:

Wright
    A-rod
    Cabrera
    A. Ramirez

As far as dual eligibility at weak positions, I would take note of the following: ( I see very little extra value at having a two position player with one of the positions being 1b)

Alexi Ramirez (2b and will qualify at SS once the season is a month old)
    Avilla (2b,SS)
    Derosa (2b,3b,OF)
    Wigginton (3b,OF)

imported_shallowfrozenwater

broadway wrote:

All things being said, I would rank those 4 as follows:

Wright
    A-rod
    Cabrera
    A. Ramirez
    i\'d agree with this ranking more than yours, except i could easily take ARod ahead of Wright too.

thanks for the players, i will watch for them on FA. and ya for my league its ten games played at the position.also what does roto mean, like how is the scoring done?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Roto is short for rotisserie.

Roto leagues give a point total based on your rank in a certain scoring category. So if you are in a 12 team league and are 1st in HRs, you would get 12 points. The person who is in last would get only 1. You would get points like this for each stat, and at the end of the year whoever has the most points wins.

Why do they call it a rotisserie league? I\'m glad you asked. The name comes from the New York City restaurant, La Rotisserie Française, where the guy who invented it used to play it with his friends.
    Fantasy Hockey
    Buy It Now Fantasy Hockey Guide and WIN Your Pool

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nice work Strider. A little known fact that is pretty interesting. Thank you Daniel Okrent. You\'re our hero!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have been in one league since 1988. Our particular league started around 1980. I am pretty sure Okrent started before us but we are not far behind. Kind of cool to be part of something from the beginning.