Thread: Who to Draft? Youk, BJ or ????

dre857

Default Who to Draft? Youk, BJ or ????

My team and league info are in the signature below:

I have the 2nd overall pick: I\'m almost positive that the 1st pick will be Johan Santana(SP)...

Who do you think would be the BEST selection with the 2nd Pick:

BJ.Upton (OF)- but I already have 2 of the 3 needed OF\'s in Soriano and Hart.
    K.Youklis (1B/3B)- am I thinking with my heart as Red Sox fan? Was last year a career high for power?
    B.McCann (C)- nice to have a top-tier catcher, I hate weak catchers
    B.Phillips (2B)- grab a top 2B 20-20 threat OR wait and grab Alexei Ramirez or B.Roberts in the next couple rounds?
    L.Berkman (1B)- getting older and should I clog up my UT spot already?

What are your thoughts on making a SMART 2nd overall pick???

Thanks, KARMA will be given for best reponses...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I hate locking up the utility spot but Berkman is certainly the best of the bunch if 1B was open.

How long can you wait to decide? If you continue to hear good news from Upton regarding his injury then I might go with him. Phillips is another option. McCann is not worthy to be in the class of the other four and Phillips is better than Youkilis at a weaker position so I would rule Youkilis out also.

Tough call but I would go with this:

1)Upton
    2)Berkman
    3)Phillips

amn5hol

If I read that right and the first pick is 61st overall (5 keepers X 12 teams) I don\'t think yuou can go wrong.
    Personally I have Berkman rated the highest of the bunch.
    Not sure what other 3 baggers have already been kept but I suspect Wright, Cabrera, Longoria, A-Roid are gone....therefore Youk has some value as well.

61st overall though is not the worst place to plug in 150 game #1 catcher like Mccann.

1) Berkman
    2) Mccann
    3) Youk
    4) Upton

Dobber Sports Recruit

Jager19: from the looks of that nice avatar, you look like a guy who might take part in my experimental, completely awesome thread that no one is participating on haha.

http://www.dobberbaseball.com/compon...12116/catid,7/

Don\'t leave me hangin here!

I agree with Broadway btw.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

how did Santana go unkept????

At any rate... BJ is the way to go. Blends speed with growing power numbers last season and into the playoffs. Outside of that... BJ will have stronger Keeper value heading towards your trade deadline should that be of value to you since he is MUCH younger...

Good Luck

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Although Berkman is probably the best talent available at that spot, McCann at a week position might be the better choice. I also like Youk given his flexibility which allows you more choices as the season moves along and injuries occur. So My choice would be McCann, Berkman then Youk.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Definitely go with Berkman. Go with the best person available.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Super Moderator

djkiang wrote:
    Go with the best person available.
    That\'s always the best strategy to go with. The only exception is if you\'re HORRIBLY thin at a position but otherwise just get the best person available and trade him later for something better.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.