Thread: Help with keepers...

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Help with keepers...

Need to keep 15 players. Only need help with 2-3.

Keepers
    C R. Martin*
    1B Fielder*
    2B Weeks, Casilla
    SS Hardy
    3B Gamel
    OF(3) Braun*, Berkman*, Dunn*Pierre, Ethier, Byrnes, Werth
    Util McClouth*

SP(4) Billingsly*, Haren*, Kazmir*, Oswalt*, Kershaw*
    RP(2) Cordero*, Lidge*
    P Balfour, Parra, Hanrahan, Wagner

Guys in red are keepers. I get to keep two more. I\'m pretty set on SP or I\'d keep Parra, I\'m leaning toward Hanrahan to have an extra closer which can fit into my P spot. But I also want to keep either Weeks or Casilla. I think I\'m set in OF. Braun not being eligible at 3B hurts now.

Standard scoring. Head to head.

Let me know some thoughts, basically pick two more guys that aren\'t in red...thanks!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'d be tempted to keep at least one of Weeks and Hardy - though they are both players who you will likely try to upgrade, Hardy is a decent option there, while Weeks has a lot of upside. I\'m likely going to give one more year before I cut bait. Closers are so hard to predict, especially young unproven ones on bad teams. I\'d likely avoid keeping Hanrahan, but that\'s just me.

15 keepers is quite deep, but depends on what will be available, i.e. how many teams there are in the pool.

Good luck

Super Moderator

I think I\'d go with Weeks and Hanrahan. I think they would give you better overall depth and if you\'d ever want to upgrade you can use them as trade bait with the great upside (Weeks especially).
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I really think you should consider Hardy. Dude is turning 27 years old. Whats the major breakout age? ya thats right, 27.
    Not many SS worth owning outside the top 10. he\'s ranked 6-7th...Those pitchers the guys are talking about aren\'t worth owning...they\'d likely get drafted after the 5th round in your league.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think I\'d lean towards Weeks and Hardy, 2 very decent players either in their prime or with upside at positions that are hard to fill after the first few players are taken. Every year, 2-3 sleeper closers arrive so Hanrahan is not worth the chance as a keeper.

Dobber Sports Recruit

i\'d keep weeks and balfour personally.

balfour is no longer doing the WBC, and he throws fire and should get plenty of quality inning fractions as the setup man on the rays. it\'s guys like him that add up some impressive stats by the end of the season, without having to overpay for them in any way...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not a big fan of keeping closers, even in a deeper league like yours. I\'d keep Hardy who has hit 25 HR the past 2 seasons, and like someone says, the \"magical\" age of 27, is entering his prime.

With Manny not signing yet in LA, I\'d also keep Ethier, who believe it or not had similar numbers to Nick Markakis, in a non OBP league.

At that point, I\'d actively seek a trade using one of your stud OF as trade bait for a stud 2B.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec