Thread: Hows my Dynasty team

CanLeaf

Default Hows my Dynasty team

I just inherited this dynasty league team. How is it? What are my strengths? What do I need to upgrade/improve? Thanks

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Team:
    C- Ryan Doumit (Pit)
    1B- Lance Berkman (Hou)
    2B- Brian Roberts (Bal)
    3B- Garrett Atkins (Col)
    SS- Édgar Rentería (SF)
    OF- Carlos Beltrán (NYM)
    OF- Carlos Lee (Hou)
    OF- Raúl Ibañez (Phi)
    Util- Bobby Abreu (LAA)
    Util- Shane Victorino (Phi)
    BN- Manny Ramírez (FA)
    BN- Denard Span (Min)

SP- Daisuke Matsuzaka (Bos)
    SP- Scott Kazmir (TB )
    RP- Mariano Rivera (NYY)
    RP- José Valverde (Hou)
    P- Trevor Hoffman (Mil)
    P- Joe Saunders (LAA)
    P- Justin Duchscherer (Oak)
    BN- Derek Lowe (Atl)
    BN- Javier Vázquez (Atl)
    BN- Ubaldo Jiménez (Col)
    BN- Zack Greinke (KC)
    BN- Randy Johnson (SF)
    BN- Jeremy Guthrie (Bal)

Farm:
    Carlos Carrasco (Phi - SP)
    Glen Perkins (Min - P)
    Mike Carp (Sea - 1B )
    Joel Guzman (TB - 3B )
    Shelley Duncan (NYY - INF)
    Bryan Pena (Atl - C)
    Hayden Penn (Bal - P)
    Eric Hurley (Tex - P)
    Jason Botts (Tex - C)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

After taking a quick look. How many teams are in this league?

Infield - Renteria is no more than a filler at SS depending on how deep the league is. No real upside here, though he is not a terrible stop gap until something better comes along. 1B/2B are solid, while 3B is decent as well with Atkins. C - Doumit is a decent option as well. You have very little infield depth however and you may wish to address this going forward.

OF - Outfield is a definate strength for you. You have a tonne of tallent and depth here. Definately an area you can make trades from to improve in other areas. There are OF starters on your soter (depending on how many teams are in your league). There is not one OF I\'d consider untouchable for trade here as there is little in teh way of youth outside of Span (but he has limited upside).

SP - Not a strenth, not a weakness. Kazmir is capable of anchoring a rotation, Matzusaka is solid, Greinke along with Kazmir I\'d look to hold onto going forward and hope they develop into aces. SP\'s are a little weak on the back end with Guthrie, RJ, Saunders, and Duchsherer but these guys along with Javier should get you by this season.

RP - Good tallent here. Rivera, Hoffman, and Valverde

FARM - Lacking overall tallent outside of Carrasco, there is a general lack of tallent.

Overall - You said you inherited this franchise. It looks to me like a team that was focused on a \"win now\" attitude (but likely fell short in recent years). The overall age of the team is concerning. Apart from a few young SPs this team is old, with little in the farm coming. IF I were to manage this team I would look to Package guys like Abreu, Manny, Rivera, Hoffman, even Beltran to bolster my farm team and add some youth to the team.

Good luck to you. You have some definate older tallent to build off of which is a good thing! With a few schrewed trades you could get this team rounded into shape in no time! Get to work!

CanLeaf

thanks for the advice. This is a 10 team league, with one team stacked from starters to bench, and an awesome farm, all top 10/15 prospects.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Will be tough to trade with that top team then if he\'s already got all the top players and prospects....argh.... have a look at teams that should finish 2-4 and see if they have any players you might like!

CanLeaf

yeah, thanks