Thread: Chien-Ming Wang

Super Moderator

Default Chien-Ming Wang

How do you guys value him in a 1 year league with standard cats? I\'m not his biggest fan but I\'m wondering what you guys think he can do if he\'s healthy this whole season?

Cheers.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Chien-Ming Wang

i think its possible he gets overshadowed by CC, Burnett and Joba in drafts this year, and could be a good value pick. in his 4 years in mlb, his ERA\'s consistently been between 3.63 and 4.07, and his WHIP has been between 1.29 and 1.32. those stats arent bad, but he can rack up the wins; 19 in both 2006 and 2007, and he was on pace for 16-17 last year.

he\'ll hurt you in Ks, but if you can land one or two top strikeout guys, and Wang is 100% healthy, go for it.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Default Chien-Ming Wang

i\'d take him for the middle of my pitching staff, there\'s no way i\'m neglecting the 15-20 wins he\'ll give most years and the ratios are going to continue to be solid.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Chien-Ming Wang

Snuder wrote:
    i think its possible he gets overshadowed by CC, Burnett and Joba in drafts this year, and could be a good value pick. in his 4 years in mlb, his ERA\'s consistently been between 3.63 and 4.07, and his WHIP has been between 1.29 and 1.32. those stats arent bad, but he can rack up the wins; 19 in both 2006 and 2007, and he was on pace for 16-17 last year.

he\'ll hurt you in Ks, but if you can land one or two top strikeout guys, and Wang is 100% healthy, go for it.
    I\'ll agree with this assessment.