Thread: Jay Bruce trade offer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Jay Bruce trade offer

Ok sometimes these rookie trade offer get the best of me...so here is a trade offer I got that I just need a little help deciding on, only cause I like Maybin and Samardjza and not sure if I would be doing good or bad on this..

16 team FULL KEEPER H2H format

I would get HIS Cameron Maybin and Jeff Samardjza

He would get MY Jay Bruce

dissect this please..thoughts?

Super Moderator

It is a tough one. I really like Bruce as he\'s only shown what he can do. Maydin\'s got potential all-star written all over him but I think he\'ll take a lot longer to make an impact as he\'s got to get some more muscle.

Immediate impact and safer pick - I say stick with Bruce
    If you want a fun little project who might become the star he\'s supposed to be - Maydin side.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I dont really see this trade as a tough one to me. I am a former Maybin owner, and currently in the process of trading for him back. Now you know where I\'m coming from, I would not deal Bruce for him. Maybin is good tallent,(potential all-star) but I think he will be good for very little outside of steals for a few years at least.

Bruce has shown a lot more of what he is capable of with some clutch HR\'s and hits last season (and he is also a potential all star - as soon as 1-2 years from now). I\'d stick with him here for sure. I\'m not all that familiar with Samardjza however, but he has not peaked my interest enough to get familiar with him. To me, that is telling as well.

Good Luck

imported_shallowfrozenwater

yeah, i\'d want Bruce on this one. trading for potential is fine but before the season has begun i want to go with guys who\'ve shown they can handle it before.