Thread: What is K-Rod\'s current value?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default What is K-Rod\'s current value?

I have been trying to evaluate what K-Rod is actually worth, and I cannot seem to figure it out. I\'m thinking it may be a good time to deal him because his value is at an all time high.

With that being said, what caliber of starting pitcher should I expect in return? Would asking for a player like Felix Hernandez be too much?

What do you guys think K-Rod is worth right now?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Depends on your league format.. 5x5? Keeper? If keeper, also depends on your own keeper situation and who the rest of the league has protected.

In a 1 yr league (4x4 especially, but even 5x5) I\'d take K-Rod, I like what his K/9 did in the second half and have confidence he returns to the 90 K mark if the ankle is sound.

In a keeper league, it\'s never a bad idea to kick the tires on King Felix. Incredible that he\'ll only be 23 this year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last year the Angels had 89 save opportunities (SvO), 16 more than any other team. Between 2002-2007, the team that lead in SvO had between 72-77. K-Rod will still give you great numbers (K, ERA, WHIP), but I don\'t think he\'ll come anywhere near 62 again.

I would try to deal him for a starter+closer combo. Maybe a starter who hopes to rebound in 2009, be it from injury or just a bad year (Verlander, Gallardo top that list in my mind) packaged with a Matt Capps or BJ Ryan type.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Snuder wrote:
    Last year the Angels had 89 save opportunities (SvO), 16 more than any other team. Between 2002-2007, the team that lead in SvO had between 72-77. K-Rod will still give you great numbers (K, ERA, WHIP), but I don\'t think he\'ll come anywhere near 62 again.

I would try to deal him for a starter+closer combo. Maybe a starter who hopes to rebound in 2009, be it from injury or just a bad year (Verlander, Gallardo top that list in my mind) packaged with a Matt Capps or BJ Ryan type.
    It\'s funny that you used those names in your packages, because I have Verlander, Gallardo and Capps!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Well I think K-Rod gave everyone his best season he\'ll ever give us last year, he\'ll still get 40 saves which is still awesome, so Im not putting him down, but I just personally feel ( and its my opinion) any player that will give you 60 innings a season isnt as valuable as a SP that will give you 200 innings. I know in roto, saves are definately important but there are alot of guys to choose from, such as a Broxton, or Marmol and move K-Rod for a King Felix type SP..

To answer your question, I would take King Felix for K-Rod and find quality closer elsewhere...