Thread: Need keeper advice...

imported_bruins4877

Default Need keeper advice...

Hey Guys,

I need some help with who I should keep for this year. I need to keep five and have narrowed it down to the list below. This is in a 12 team, head to head league. If you need the scoring info, I will have to do that later. It\'s pretty standard though. I\'m a hockey guy only in a baseball league to pass the summertime until hockey starts back up again in the fall.

Thanks in advance for any input provided!!!

Mauer, Joe C MIN
    Reynolds, Mark 3B ARI
    Tulowitzki, Troy SS COL
    Ordonez, Magglio RF DET
    Soriano, Alfonso LF CHC
    Kazmir, Scott SP TB
    Nathan, Joe RP MIN
    Webb, Brandon SP ARI

imported_shallowfrozenwater

well, you\'re taking some chances at every turn here.

you absolutely HAVE to keep Soriano and Webb but beware the injury crap, especially with Fonzie. next i\'d keep Ordonez for his RBI opportunities and Kazmir for K\'s. finally the decision for me comes down to Mauer or Nathan but ... i don\'t like to chase C\'s or closers early on so i\'m struggling with the choice. either guy would help your team if he\'s healthy but i suspect that Nathan would have MORE value to your team since C\'s sit out a game about once a week and Mauer also has an injury history to worry about.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mauer, Tulo, Soriano, Kazmir, Webb.

Find closers elsewhere. It is just so nice to not have to worry about catchers to me. I have a soft spot for Tulo and believe he will put it all together, so I take him over the aging Ordonez. The bottom will probably fall out of Ordonez\'s value within two year and even if he lingers, his trade value will suffer with age. It is amazing how much less you can get for a player just because they are in their mid-30\'s.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

imported_bruins4877

Awesome...thank you both for your answers. You\'ll probably hear from me more after the draft!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

5 keepers:

Brandon Webb
    Scott Kazmir
    Alfonso Soriano
    Magglio Ordonez

Joe Mauer

My other options for 5th guy would be Tulo and Nathan
    - I think you\'d be better off here with Mauer (who has not yet reached his peak but is a solid option at a weak position). Tulo will likely fall in the draft due to injury last season and ppl forgetting about him a little and could be drafted back. I generally try to avoid keeping closers, especially in a keep only 5 league. That being said, I\'d hardly blame you keeping one of the most consistent RP\'s in teh gam over the past few years.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Webb, Kazmir, Soriano, Mauer and Tulo